Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Mystery Program causing pop-ups.

Mystery Program causing pop-ups.
Jay Condon
Oct 31, 2006, 09:01 PM

With all the junk I've installed on my system over the years, this was bound to happen. I recently purchased a new intel iMac and have networked it with my old G5 system. Upon mounting my g5's home folder as a server, I am greeted with a pop-up message saying "get to work you lazy slob."

I have a vague recollection of fiddling around with some silly shareware app at 4 am some many months ago, giggling to myself about how funny it will be the next time my wife tried to access my G5 from her computer.

Trouble is, she never does try to access the G5, and I tossed whatever the silly program was and forgot about it without changing things back to normal. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get rid of this dam pop-up.

Anybody have any idea what program I screwed things up with? I already tried visage, growl, and some others, but they don't seem to be it. Anybody know what preference handles network notifications?

I know I probably deserve this, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 31, 2006, 09:22 PM

I think that's a feature of the file sharing. You can change it with SharePoints.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Forum Links
Forum Rules