Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Performa 5300 scsi-port damaged?

Performa 5300 scsi-port damaged?
larix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2001, 04:29 PM

I still own a performa 5300. If I connect a scsi-external -Zip or scanner-, the computer doesn't even find the HD anymore. I have to reinstall the system. How can I detect the problem?

Addition:
What happened: after connecting a scsi-device (Zip-drive), the computer didn't find the hard disc. Even after deconnecting the zip.
After installation of the system (8.1), the same faillure occured.

[ 07-24-2001: Message edited by: larix ]

jeromep
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 24, 2001, 03:38 AM

Your post hasn't received too many responsese because it is very confusing and doesn't provide nearly as much data as most of us need to give out good advice in these forums.

By the look of your post, I was wondering if you had a physically bad port, and it looked as if it was physically messed up. If that was the case, then a motherboard replacement is in order, but at this point I'm not sure.

A reinstall of your OS may at least diagnose what is wrong, but that seems like a long shot.

And what do you mean when you say the hard drive won't work anymore? Do you mean that once a new device is attached externally the internal drive doesn't work or do you mean that the external devices don't work?

Forum Links
Forum Rules