Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Server Settings On A Quadra.

Server Settings On A Quadra.
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 26, 2001, 12:58 AM

I have many of my Macs set to turn themselves back on in case of a power failure (Server Settings). My Router/Server is a Quadra 700 on OS 8, is it possible to enable this feature in this computer, thought something third party maybe? Or is this ability just not included in the hardware?

infiniti
Jul 26, 2001, 08:47 PM

Well, if you can't do it through software (Energy Saver control panel), I think the Quadra 700 had a circular power button with a slot in it. If you push the power switch in, and use a screwdriver/coin to rotate the power switch, it should stay "stuck" in the down position, and will thus restart the system in the event of a power failure. Like I said, I'm not totally sure if the Q700 has that style of power switch, but it's worth a try.

Cheers,
infiniti
12" iBook 900

Forum Links
Forum Rules