Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Just converted to a Mac Mini...WoW

Just converted to a Mac Mini...WoW
trussme
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 26, 2013, 10:33 PM

Brand new maxed-out Mac Mini using my existing Samsung 27"hdmi monitor, Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse ... LOVE IT !
everything works perfectly.....for 15 years I used Windows PC with XP using FireFox browser. My Mac Safari already has 141 Cookies & Cashes... I only carried 21 Cookies in my FireFox ..why so many Cashes in this Safari? Never had to deal with Cashes in Firefox...I know which web sites I want Cookies to remain, but have no idea who these other web sites are, that are placing Cashes in Safari...
...looking for advice on how to determine which ones to remove.
I have no Apple Store where I live & I am self-schooled in this new Mac system. Done well so far, but this is the only issue I have. I have the 265 page 2013 Mac Handbook...studied all Apple/Mac support tutorials for months before making this conversion purchase on-line.

Thanx for helping! Mini Me ( trussme)

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Jun 26, 2013, 11:24 PM

Cookies are an entirely different issue, but as far as I know, there's no compelling reason to purge browser caches.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2013, 03:40 PM

The only real reason to purge the browser cache is if you're sure it's re-loading an old cached version of a site instead of the current live site. It's not like it'll fill up a modern hard drive, or anything.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 29, 2013, 10:47 PM

Are you concerned about your cookies and browser cache because you feel that this is a good general practice? If so, I would discard that premise, your cookies and cache are pretty much a non-issue.

Forum Links
Forum Rules