Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > G5 + x800 = problem ... can you help ?

G5 + x800 = problem ... can you help ?
Skypat
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2005, 04:58 AM

Hi

I am using a brand new PM G5 (2*2,3 Ghz) with an ATI X800 video card inside (+ 3GB of RAM). Everything is going great but sometimes the screen acts like crazy. Specially when using Apple Motion ... It works normally then the image becomes a mosaic of colors, pieces of image or ... well I need to quit motion and most of the time restart my mac ...

Is this something you have already experienced ? Where does that come from ?

Thanks in advance !
S k y p a t

Londor
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2005, 05:24 PM

Skypat  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2005, 05:44 AM

Thanks but this is not just "light" artifacts. After a few minutes using Motion, my screen becomes unstable and I get big color squares everywhere. Finally it becomes totally unusable.

I cannot find any info on ATI website. I even cannot register a X800 card on their pages (the X800 choice is not available in their list !) and I can't send them a mail because there is a bug in their email form. ATI has really a poor customer support. I am very disappointed.
S k y p a t

Kristoff
Mac Elite
Jun 7, 2005, 12:54 PM

ATI customer support does suck ass.

Once, my fan on my Cube's Radeon went out, and I emailed them to inquire about getting a replacement part, and they were all bitchy with me.

I ended up going third party (lasagna, I think) and it's lasted 4 times longer than the OEM one.
signatures are a waste of bandwidth
especially ones with political tripe in them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules