Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook Hanged (few times!)

Macbook Hanged (few times!)
samsontan
Forum Regular
Jan 30, 2008, 09:12 PM

I wonder if its because I'm using leopard or something.. this always happened after a loud fan sound (normally heard when BUSY) coming from my MB. Is this normal and it has been like this for the past 2 days. Both at the same time. I let my MB run for about over 24 hrs and this happens.

Help!
simple but nice

Cold Warrior
Jan 30, 2008, 09:14 PM

What sorts of stuff do you run on your macbook?

samsontan  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 30, 2008, 09:16 PM

do you mean the apps?
the usual ones are VLC(occasionally hangs as a app, usually run vids from my external HDD), safari 3.0, adium, football manager 2008.
simple but nice

Cold Warrior
Jan 30, 2008, 09:25 PM

Did you buy it with Leopard or upgrade to it? If upgraded, what sort -- upgrade, archive-install, or erase-install?

samsontan  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 30, 2008, 09:35 PM

Should be archive install - if this means installed to retain apps and files.
simple but nice

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Feb 1, 2008, 11:55 AM

I've been getting a few hangs on my new MacBook as well. I just left the default Leopard install on there and setup my apps accordingly. I'm not sure if it's faulty RAM or a bad process but I got couple hard resets and a few kernel panics. In the crash log it was giving a "bad address access" error or something along those lines. I replaced the RAM with 2x2GB sticks from PQI and now use Firefox and haven't crashed yet...

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 2, 2008, 04:22 PM

I had one kernel panic when I installed an old version of Parallels and Direcory Services flipped out and crashed earlier, I think that may have had something to do with the power going on and off though and so the network going up and down.

Forum Links
Forum Rules