Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Suggestions for a site monitoring utility?

Suggestions for a site monitoring utility?
bitjumper
Dec 27, 2003, 12:09 AM

Anyone know of a simple "site up and running" monitoring tool?

I'd like a little redlight/greenlight indicator on my menubar for each of several websites I'd like to monitor.

I don't need email notification or logging, but would like to specify port numbers.

I've searched on the web, in groups, and on this forum and so far haven't found one. Well, I tried something called Web Status 1.0. It had potential but indicated sites were down when all was fine.

Erik

m.brown
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 27, 2003, 09:35 AM

Originally posted by bitjumper:
Anyone know of a simple "site up and running" monitoring tool?

I'd like a little redlight/greenlight indicator on my menubar for each of several websites I'd like to monitor.

I don't need email notification or logging, but would like to specify port numbers.

I've searched on the web, in groups, and on this forum and so far haven't found one. Well, I tried something called Web Status 1.0. It had potential but indicated sites were down when all was fine.

Erik
Try:

http://www.dejal.com/simon/

or if you run a G5 server you can use Apple's server monitor tool.

Forum Links
Forum Rules