Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Having any problems at all with your PB? read.

Having any problems at all with your PB? read.
krux`
Forum Regular
Dec 4, 2003, 09:23 PM

Just got my 15" PowerBook. Great machine.
( Last edited by krux`; May 11, 2008 at 01:35 AM. )

spaced
Forum Regular
Dec 4, 2003, 11:35 PM

My Rev A 17" PowerBook "sizzles", I have 1 dead pixel, and the hard drive's heads park with a "mouse click" noise, but I don't care and rarely think about it because I absolutely adore this machine and could not be happier with the speed, functionality and vast screen real estate. I bought it to get work done, have fun, and enhance my life, not to go over it each and every day with a magnifying glass searching for the tiniest imperfections. Two of the "imperfections" I have on my machine I didn't even realize were such until I read about them on this bloody forum!

I think the three rules to remember here are:

1) Life is too short
2) It's just money
3) Enjoy what you have, many have much less

( Last edited by spaced; Dec 4, 2003 at 11:57 PM. )

krux`  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 5, 2003, 01:23 AM

agreed.
( Last edited by krux`; May 11, 2008 at 01:35 AM. )
15"AluPB1.5GHz1GBR80GBhdbcklitkeyboard 10.4.8
email: [email protected] iChat: [email protected]
http://www.davidgclark.com/

Religion is for those who have never had a spiritual experience.

Ω
Mac Elite
Dec 5, 2003, 03:35 AM

It is like when you go to the movies. You never notice the big green exit lights until someone points them out, and then you can't help noticing them!

"Ignorance isn't bliss, but sometimes it helps us to sleep at night"

PowerMatt
Senior User
Dec 5, 2003, 09:38 AM

I agree, except, there are those people who use their powerbooks to edit video, create graphics, do page layout, etc. These people have to be very precise in terms of color calibration, saturation, hue, etc. White spots and dark spots make it hard to ensure that the entire project in uniform in color and whiteness.
It I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you.

gif32
Dec 5, 2003, 10:18 AM

Originally posted by krux`:
If i had any whitespots, trust me i could live with that.
I don't want to turn this into a flame or another white spot war - but trust me if you had to live with them everyday you would not be happy with your machine. I paid how much for this thing? And people always come over to look at it and then they see me use Expos� and practically lose it. But then I open Safari or Excel and it looks like my computer has leprosy. They all go "ughh" and I have to tell them about how bad Apple's customer service is. How I've sent the thing back twice. How it took two weeks each time... then as impressed as they are with the computer they still won't buy an Apple. This happens every day I take my computer out in public.

I *want* to love this machine, but as a lighting designer I can't look at my photos or renderings without my LCD adding its own personal touch to my work.

Forum Links
Forum Rules