Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > 30" monitor for gaming???

30" monitor for gaming???
brightwindows
Baninated
dealstudio spammer
Apr 11, 2008, 04:25 AM

I have noticed that Dell has announced a 30" monitor, and some people just thinking about use it for gaming:
30" monitor - Toon Zone Forum
Well personally I do think $1199 is too expensive for me, with that budget I can get a tv.

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Apr 11, 2008, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by brightwindows View Post
I have noticed that Dell has announced a 30" monitor, and some people just thinking about use it for gaming:
30" monitor - Toon Zone Forum
Well personally I do think $1199 is too expensive for me, with that budget I can get a tv.
So why are you asking?

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 11, 2008, 03:25 PM

Maybe looking for advice, it is easy to think Apple users run 30 inches displays more than PC users do. To me a 30 inches display is indeed a productive tool, not a commodity aimed to display cute games.

brightwindows  (op)
Baninated
dealstudio spammer
Apr 11, 2008, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Horsepoo!!! View Post
So why are you asking?
Hey just want to talking about it, I don't think I will try it, just think of the hours of fun sitting counting the pixels.

MattJeff
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2008, 05:54 PM

If I had that kind of income and didn't feel too vain about it I would totally buy this to play COD4 Maxed out. *drool*

Malus72
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2008, 05:20 PM

Announced a 30" monitor ?

They've had them going on 3 years now - on my 2nd one now - had one then tried a Westy 37" W3 when they were popular - it was nice but I really cannot do without the 2560x1600 resolution so went back and got the recent gen Dell 30" HC model

A single 8800gtx runs everything in XP/Vista fine at 2560x1600 - currently running AoC on it - its the only pure windows machine I have anymore (Imac and Macbook Pro also) as I still cannot get a full 8800gtx in a Mac Pro

liviabush
Baninated
dealstudio spammer
Apr 28, 2008, 08:16 PM

Hey I had never seen that huge screen before.

starman
Clinically Insane
Apr 29, 2008, 08:24 AM

A 30" monitor isn't anything new.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

mutelight
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2008, 04:23 PM

For the latest games like Crysis and games to come you might as well forget about running at the native resolution of a 30" display unless you have some serious GPUs. I pretty much gave up gaming on the computer after the release of this current generation of consoles, my display and computer are now dedicated productivity tools and I keep the gaming separate on my system downstairs.

Dual 2.66Ghz Xeon Woodrcrests // 8800GT 512MB // 30" Apple Cinema Display // 8GB RAM // Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE // 64GB iPad LTE Verizon // Home Theater

Forum Links
Forum Rules