Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > ***Need help with specs...***

***Need help with specs...***
eScrib
Forum Regular
May 25, 2004, 03:31 PM

Ok, so don't hate me... But a co-worker's friend recently got a 1.25GHZ 15" PB and HATES it.

She asked my co-worker if she knew if anyone wanted it. So she came to me. The kicker is, this lady is willing to part with it for $500!!!

Yes, $500. I'm going to see if first hand, so I'll know if it's been abused etc. Evidently, her grandma just died and left her a truckload of money... So she doesn't need to make any kind of a profit. I would think it'd be too good to be true, if it wasn't coming directly from someone who I work with daily and trust!

But in the mean time... All I know is it's a 1.25GHZ with 512 meg of RAM and has a DVD-burner...

Where's the best place to find specs on the 1.25GHZ machine? Does it come with the keyboard lighting??? What else?

I just bought a 12" PB (1GHZ) a few months ago, but hell... I'll sell that to anyone (768 RAM/60 gig, AE) for $850 shipped.

Ideas?

sheer
Forum Regular
May 25, 2004, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by eScrib:
Where's the best place to find specs on the 1.25GHZ machine? Does it come with the keyboard lighting??? What else?
google

euphras
Mac Elite
May 25, 2004, 03:43 PM

Spec�s can usually be found on the Apple pages www.apple.com

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

iREZ
Professional Poster
May 25, 2004, 03:45 PM

It's probably the standard superdrive model.

lit keyboard
fw 400 + 800
pci slot
ati 9600 64mb vram
1.25 ghz
two ram slots up to 2 gigs of ram available
167 bus speed
80 gig hd 4200rpm unless she upgraded during purchase and bought it with the 5400rpm
2 usb
gigabit ethernet
dvi out
2x superdrive for dvd burning
i think its 16x or 24x for cd burning
airport extreme if she installed it
bt standard

You got a great freakin computer deal on your hands, I hope everything turns out for ya. Oh and I'll take that 12" off your hands for $900 if ya want .
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

eScrib  (op)
Forum Regular
May 25, 2004, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by euphras:
Spec�s can usually be found on the Apple pages www.apple.com
Is it me, or is it extremely difficult to find anything other than new specifications through Apple?

eScrib  (op)
Forum Regular
May 25, 2004, 03:48 PM

Originally posted by iREZ:

You got a great freakin computer deal on your hands, I hope everything turns out for ya. Oh and I'll take that 12" off your hands for $900 if ya want .
If you're really interested, you've got yourself a deal. PM me and I'll keep you in the loop if this works out. I have all the original boxes, manuals, CDs, etc...

The only hangup is that my wife and I are moving, so I wouldn't want to do the transaction until I know I could get the PB shipped to you. But we can work that out. It's just a timing issue.

PM me if you're really interested.

Musti
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2004, 03:49 PM

Originally posted by eScrib:
Is it me, or is it extremely difficult to find anything other than new specifications through Apple?
Here

and here ('97 and older)

Jack-iMac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2004, 04:22 PM

Or, you could find very helpful stats at www.everymac.com, or for the PowrBook G4 15" 1.25GHz version at, http://www.everymac.com/systems/appl...4_1.25_15.html Asfar as i know they have all the old and latest Mac computer specs to date, good luck, and sounds like a bargain!
iMac G3 600MHz,
20GB iPod 3G,
and a PowerBook G4 soon i hope!

Forum Links
Forum Rules