Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Using QuicksilverR with 10.3.3

Using QuicksilverR with 10.3.3
Charles Bouldin
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 2, 2004, 10:49 AM

Using Shapeshifter I can run QuicksilverR with 10.3. I note that SS installs QuicksilverR by "udating theme for OS 10.3". It actually comes out looking fine, except for one thing...the close/minimize/maximize buttons are (for my tastes at least) noticeably too small.

Is this a side effect of this theme being somewhat out of date? Can anyone suggest a fix? Failing that, is there similar theme I should look at? I know that this started life as Iridium Quicksilver, and then went through various edits, with ownership disputes, etc, and was then updated into QuicksilverR. I still regard this as one of the prettiest and most functional themes ever devised.

Any advice on improving usability and solving this button size issue?

Holigen
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2004, 11:03 AM

It is an issue with updating a theme for 10.3 compatibility. I dont think that theres any fix other than to resize the widgets. I have no idea what QuicksilverR is but Im sure otheres will be able to help you out further.

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

FB Eye
Senior User
Apr 2, 2004, 11:32 AM

Yeah, SS shrinks the widgets from older Jaguar theme to fit into the Panther "canvas"...

Another side-effect of this conversion is that you're stuck with the Aqua Icon/List/Column view buttons...

QuicksilverR was indeed a very slick theme

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2004, 12:50 PM

I had the recessed widget version that Max didn't want people to have, but I loved it so much. - Sorry Max! - Wish I had kept it, but it wouldn't look good anyway.
Was my favorite theme before the upgrade.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

cgc
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2004, 09:19 PM

A quick search on Google revealed http://www.deviantart.com/view/2029045/ Not a bad looking theme, eh?

superfula
Senior User
Jun 13, 2004, 06:17 AM

I'm going to bump this thread with the hope that it will be updated for 10.3

cube3
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 13, 2004, 07:41 AM

just use changeling, it apparently looks like a cheap copy of ProLCD and Quicksilver combined

sixz
Jun 13, 2004, 08:55 AM

Originally posted by cube3:
just use changeling, it apparently looks like a cheap copy of ProLCD and Quicksilver combined :D
I never said cheap - An 'Homage' can be respectable ;)

cube3
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 13, 2004, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by sixz:
I never said cheap - An 'Homage' can be respectable
Up until this thread I had no idea what Quicksilver was so i couldn't really get uptight

Forum Links
Forum Rules