Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Need some help with mod, pls.

Need some help with mod, pls.
ElricQuill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 11, 2004, 05:02 PM

Hi there, I'm very new moding themes and just need a few tips.

I would like to make the main menus of Max's milk theme more transparent or opaque. How do I do that?
I've downloaded a demo of ThemePark and am currently using the Milk theme. When I go "Open Special" in ThemePark and them open "Extras.rsrc" I can load the Milk elements.

Now, which "pxm#" do I need to change, what are their numbers? I'm guessing its 128 through to 163, am I right?
I know Photoshop very well and get the send/recieve idea in ThemePark, I just don't know for sure which parts of the theme to edit just to make the menus more transparent. Also, how do I go about making the menus transparent, is there an alpha channel that needs changing? If so which and how?

I think I might also try this on Max's Brushed theme...

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

penguinn
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 11, 2004, 05:09 PM

you can search for elements in themepark
its menu background, and to make it more transparent send it into photoshop and set the layer transparency
if you want to make it more opaque, make a new layer under it, fill it with black, and set the layer transparency for that

i hope it works!
*DeXtop GUI

ElricQuill  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2004, 07:12 AM

Originally posted by penguinn:
you can search for elements in themepark
its menu background, and to make it more transparent send it into photoshop and set the layer transparency
if you want to make it more opaque, make a new layer under it, fill it with black, and set the layer transparency for that

i hope it works!

Thanks penguinn, that worked.

Forum Links
Forum Rules