Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Marware Sportfolio Deluxe Anyone?

Marware Sportfolio Deluxe Anyone?
terigox
Forum Regular
Nov 11, 2006, 11:46 AM

Hi everyone! I finally realized that my last bag I was carrying my laptop in, was really crappy... so I've been hunting down a new bag. I read through the big sticky thread about all the different bags, and a lot of them look really nice. I found the Marware Sportfolio Deluxe http://www.marware.com/cgi-bin/WebOb...NzK8JQwZfKTJqM

Hopefully that link works. I wanted to know if anyone had one of these? My primary use for the bag is just transporting my laptop, so I just need the basic compartments and whatnot, but I want really good protection for my laptop. I can't find any pictures on the internet of the actual laptop compartment for this bag!! I'm starting to wander if that's a sign or something

So does anyone have this bag? Or have touched this bag? Any thoughts on it?

Thanks

MrN79
Forum Regular
Nov 13, 2006, 11:05 PM

Just wondering if you have an Apple Store near you, they carry lots of MarWare bags. Someone posted this a few threads up...

http://forums.macnn.com/69/powerbook...ck-bag-sleeve/
13" MB, 2.0, 80HD, Glossy
15" PB 1.5, 100HD, Matte
15" MBP C2D, 2.33, 160HD, Glossy

terigox  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2006, 02:57 PM

Thanks for the reply MrN79, I did go to an Apple store, and unfortunately they didn't have any Marware bags

I forgot how but I did find an "Authorized Apple Reseller" which was actually pretty much just a service shop, but they just happened to have one of the bags in there!! So I was very pleased I was able to touch it, then come back home and order through Amazon

Once I get it I'll post back with some pics and thoughts maybe in case anyone else was interested in one of these bags!

chromos
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2006, 03:52 PM

howdy,

i love marware bags: i have a sportfolio for my 15" PB and just received a Sportfolio for my (in transit) 17" MBP. I was considering the Sportfolio deluxe, but thought that it was a bit too thick. I really like the thinness of the regular Sportfolios, and the only issue is that the external pocket bulges a bit when i have to carry the AC adapter and cord around. Other than that, so well made and really sexy.

I hope you like yours when you get it!

terigox  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2006, 04:22 PM

Thanks for the feedback chromos!

When I was able to fondle the bag at the store I was pleased with its size, of course I'm coming form a pretty large briefcase sized bag. The laptop compartment was nice and padded which would make it a little large, I'd was say it was about 2.5 inches or so deep, and then the pocket is maybe an inch and a half (without stretching any). It is definitly smaller than my old bag, but I wanted to make sure I had enough room that if I need to stick some extra accessories in or bring some papers with me on a short trip, I was able to without an additional bag

I too was afraid the regular sportfolio would be too small, that's why I went with the deulxe, I'll be sure to post some pics and sizes

Thanks again on the feedback for Marware!

Forum Links
Forum Rules