Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > new powerbooks advertised..!

new powerbooks advertised..! (Page 3)
ewdavi0
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 16, 2001, 01:34 AM

ad for the iBooks
http://www.cc-inc.com/macmall/shop/d...sp?dpno=963909 http://www.cc-inc.com/macmall/shop/d...sp?dpno=963910 http://www.cc-inc.com/macmall/shop/d...sp?dpno=963911

fisher is right
fisher is exhonerated
fisher is king

the rest are just jealous for not knowing first, including myself.

kudos fisher, great work, and i'll be the first to say thank you for sharing.
Si vales, valeo.

IUJHJSDHE
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2001, 01:42 AM

OK NOW IF THIS IS TRUE THEN LETS JUST WAIT!!!

IF IT IS TRUE THEN APPLE WILL PUT IN ON THERE WEBSITE SOON.

Paul Shew
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 16, 2001, 01:49 AM

Congratulations fisherKing!

You have been proven righteous!

Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 16, 2001, 01:57 AM

The MacMall links say Rage Mobility 128 graphics for both the 550 and 667. I hope that's a mistake, otherwise I'll be waiting for yet another revision.

Arty50
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2001, 02:03 AM

[sarcasm so thick a fork stands up in it]

No! No! He's still wrong. With my m4D l33t h4x0r skilz I secretly hacked the macmall site to show those models. The joke is all on you. Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

[/sarcasm]
"My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world:
those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

-Clint in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

<precisely>
Oct 16, 2001, 02:06 AM

Originally posted by 3.1416:
<STRONG>The MacMall links say Rage Mobility 128 graphics for both the 550 and 667. I hope that's a mistake, otherwise I'll be waiting for yet another revision.</STRONG>
my feelings exactly. I love Apple and the Mac, but if this description is true, and this is the best Apple can do with 8 months of lead time, then I'm holding off. The problem: I''ve promised to sell my WallStreet, and the fellow will get it tomorrow. I'll have to get something--either a Ti or iBook. Don't want to spend $3000 on a laptop that's treading water, carrying dead weight, stuck in a quaqmire--you get the idea.

yes, yes, the PowerBook is fabulous, but what sense does it make to put a 4-cylinder engine in a Toyota LC? None, and that's why Toyota doesn't do it. Apple hopefully has refitted the insides of this thing.

Juanvlz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 16, 2001, 02:07 AM

low key or not, I can not imagine Big Steve is pleased about this

Kudos King

IUJHJSDHE
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2001, 02:08 AM

Originally posted by fisherKing:
<STRONG>i know how to save & resize pictures in photoshop, that's it.
</STRONG>
On your website you have a picture of you that has been changed with photoshop. Cair to explain

Here?

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: IUJHJSDHE ]

iBorg
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 16, 2001, 02:17 AM

What is wrong with you guys???? Despite SEVERAL other people confirming they've received the SAME catalog from MacMall, (plus Go2Mac confirming that they'd also received it) you continue to rip on F-King!!! All that he's stated is that he received the catalog, NOT that the specs are exactly what's coming, right? If the specs are incorrect, it's MacMalls error, in trying to be "first" to announce the upgrades!

Let's see some decency and courtesy, instead of looking for non-existent nits to pick!!!!!

SHEESH!!!!!!!!

iBorg
MacBook Pro 2.33GHz, 15.4" Glossy, 160GB - and loving it!

IUJHJSDHE
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2001, 02:19 AM

okok now I am confused!

Is there or is there not a new ibook and tibook?

If so why doesent apple have it online.

or is this some kind of offer from macmail.

Please tell me?

mikeloader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 16, 2001, 02:19 AM

Here are links to the new books on ClubMac with more detailed specs than MacMall:

PowerBookPowerBook 550
PowerBook 667
iBook CD-ROM
iBook DVD-ROM
iBook CD-RW

There are other URLs for the bundles with "free" 256MB memory.

Bodhi
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 16, 2001, 02:30 AM

ClubMac says ATi Radeon!
~Peace~

neutrino23
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 16, 2001, 02:31 AM

Originally posted by &lt;precisely&gt;:
<STRONG>

my feelings exactly. I love Apple and the Mac, but if this description is true, and this is the best Apple can do with 8 months of lead time, then I'm holding off. The problem: I''ve promised to sell my WallStreet, and the fellow will get it tomorrow. I'll have to get something--either a Ti or iBook. Don't want to spend $3000 on a laptop that's treading water, carrying dead weight, stuck in a quaqmire--you get the idea.

yes, yes, the PowerBook is fabulous, but what sense does it make to put a 4-cylinder engine in a Toyota LC? None, and that's why Toyota doesn't do it. Apple hopefully has refitted the insides of this thing.</STRONG>
Check the specs at ClubMac. It says the Ti book will get the Radeon Mobility with 16MB of video RAM and Gigabit Ethernet and a 30GB HD! Pretty cool.

The MacMall site doesn't seem very accurate. They still have the iBook listed at 500MHz in the text though the banner says 600MHz.
Happy owner of a new 15" Al PB.

SMacSteve
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 16, 2001, 02:46 AM

I've tried to go to the Mac Mall and Club Mac websites and find these links and they both still bring up the 500 and 400 mhz systems. How are these other links turning up the newer models?

iBorg
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 16, 2001, 02:58 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm............

Since FisherKing's honest character has been reconfirmed, I would expect to see the size of this thread DOUBLE in size with apologies from his accusers!!!!

I'm waiting........

iBorg
MacBook Pro 2.33GHz, 15.4" Glossy, 160GB - and loving it!

proceedNeXT
Forum Regular
Oct 16, 2001, 03:02 AM

No Power to burn?? No? One Firewireport?? One?

SMacSteve
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 16, 2001, 03:05 AM

Originally posted by SMacSteve:
<STRONG>I've tried to go to the Mac Mall and Club Mac websites and find these links and they both still bring up the 500 and 400 mhz systems. How are these other links turning up the newer models? </STRONG>
Still can't get to any of these links other than through the links posted on this thread. Will somebody please confirm or deny this and stop making me think I'm going mad? I'm begining to think some body has hacked the URL's

proceedNeXT
Forum Regular
Oct 16, 2001, 03:07 AM

When I click on the links to Clubmac (again), it says now:

Sorry... The server is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance. We will make the server available as soon as possible. Please try back shortly

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 16, 2001, 03:09 AM

I got the Clubmac and Macmall links to work.

Still no info on the bus speeds on either one, though. If it's dual buses, well....actually, that would be quite smart from the Apple standpoint. Because they KNOW powerusers will want that 133 bus....
MacBook Pro 15" -- 2.2Ghz, 4GB, 200GB 7200rpm
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

Nebrie
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2001, 03:10 AM

<STRONG>

Still can't get to any of these links other than through the links posted on this thread. Will somebody please confirm or deny this and stop making me think I'm going mad? I'm begining to think some body has hacked the URL's </STRONG>
They searched for the new SKUs rather than just clicking on the product pages. Those companies didn't expect you to know what the new SKUs were so those pages could hide on their site safely until the product pages are updated with new links to the new SKUs rather than the old ones.

SMacSteve
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 16, 2001, 03:13 AM

Originally posted by Nebrie:
<STRONG>

They searched for the new SKUs rather than just clicking on the product pages. Those companies didn't expect you to know what the new SKUs were so those pages could hide on their site safely until the product pages are updated with new links to the new SKUs rather than the old ones.</STRONG>
OK, where they get the sku's? It's not like it's public info now is it.

k2man
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 16, 2001, 03:14 AM

I saw both pages on MacMall and ClubMac....

And all I can say is that I'll be waiting for the **next** Tibook revision. I like the 667mhz clock speed (does this mean a 133mhz bus? I wonder how this all affects battery life?), but no combo drive???? Not even a CD-R? Please! I'm not buying a top-line laptop without having the ability to get data off the machine (can't stand the idea of dragging around a portable CD-R or zip drive...just too clunky).

Also, can anyone tell me if the Radeon Mobility is this new 7500 chipset that's supposed to be so great for 3D graphics, and have good power savings as well?

I'm also disappointed about the lack of a higher res screen. Apple is so advanced and forward thinking in so many respects, but so frustratingly backwards in others...

Nebrie
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2001, 03:15 AM

<STRONG>

OK, where they get the sku's? It's not like it's public info now is it.</STRONG>
Look at the pic fisherking posted very carefully. You'll see the SKUs on there next to the pricing.

<It's in their systems...>
Oct 16, 2001, 03:29 AM

I just called Macmall and the sales rep that I talked to said that they were taking orders for them but he did not have any more information about them than what I have seen on the cover. He obviously did not realize the significance of their early "announcement".

[The_Chief]

<**this is only a test**>
Oct 16, 2001, 03:36 AM

Okay...so here's my theory on the whole thing. Okay...it's pretty clear that all of Apple's resellers/retailers have been complaining for the longest time about Apple's silence regarding new products. It really screws them up big time, especially since recently Apple has refused to offer price protection on some computers...basically, if Apple releases a new computer, the deallers are sometimes left with a bunch of old machines they need to sell at a loss. This problem has only been compounded by Apple Stores...the other resellers are really feeling left out of the loop about all of Apple's new products.

So what does Steve Jobs do? As a test, he floats all these resellers pre-release product info about minor revisions to tiBooks and iBooks and says: "Okay, now be sure not to make this information public until it's announced." And the resellers agree. Not like it's that big of a deal now that they screwed up, Apple is going to release the products tomorrow (err...umm...later today) anyway, but Steve Jobs now can justify not giving dealers pre-release product info: BECAUSE THEY SCREW IT UP!

Just my $.02

Kudos Fisher King btw...I hope everyone apologises to you

<Krusty>
Oct 16, 2001, 03:44 AM

This all seems possible for the TiBook...I like the 667 configuration with the updated graphics. I bet that Apple will offer a combo drive as a built to order option from their website.

I doubt they would release new Powerbooks without the option for CD-R/W since the iBook has had this option for months....

neutrino23
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 16, 2001, 03:45 AM

Originally posted by k2man:
<STRONG>I saw both pages on MacMall and ClubMac....

And all I can say is that I'll be waiting for the **next** Tibook revision. I like the 667mhz clock speed (does this mean a 133mhz bus? I wonder how this all affects battery life?), but no combo drive???? Not even a CD-R? Please! I'm not buying a top-line laptop without having the ability to get data off the machine (can't stand the idea of dragging around a portable CD-R or zip drive...just too clunky).

Also, can anyone tell me if the Radeon Mobility is this new 7500 chipset that's supposed to be so great for 3D graphics, and have good power savings as well?

I'm also disappointed about the lack of a higher res screen. Apple is so advanced and forward thinking in so many respects, but so frustratingly backwards in others...</STRONG>
Not to try to change your opinion, but this is after all just an interem update. The product was due for that but didn't really need a major overhaul. That will probably come in January or March.

Regarding the screen, what size were you hoping for? The largest I've seen is an NEC laptop with a 15.3 inch 1280 x 768 screen. This is a little wider than the TiBook but the NEC model is a beast - two inches thick, heavy and butt ugly.

I suppose they could build the cinema display into a laptop but it would cost $10,000 and then how would you ever carry it around? The battery alone would weigh ten pounds. Instead of a briefcase you would need one of those portfolio's that art students use to carry paintings in.

I kind of agree with you on the optical drive. However, I think that if Apple could find a combo drive to fit the case they would sell it.

<Santos L. Halper>
Oct 16, 2001, 03:51 AM

I think you're totally on the mark. And boy, did they ever blow it. Bet they're never going to get this kind of info again.

Originally posted by &lt;**this is only a test**&gt;:
<STRONG>Okay...so here's my theory on the whole thing. Okay...it's pretty clear that all of Apple's resellers/retailers have been complaining for the longest time about Apple's silence regarding new products. It really screws them up big time, especially since recently Apple has refused to offer price protection on some computers...basically, if Apple releases a new computer, the deallers are sometimes left with a bunch of old machines they need to sell at a loss. This problem has only been compounded by Apple Stores...the other resellers are really feeling left out of the loop about all of Apple's new products.

So what does Steve Jobs do? As a test, he floats all these resellers pre-release product info about minor revisions to tiBooks and iBooks and says: "Okay, now be sure not to make this information public until it's announced." And the resellers agree. Not like it's that big of a deal now that they screwed up, Apple is going to release the products tomorrow (err...umm...later today) anyway, but Steve Jobs now can justify not giving dealers pre-release product info: BECAUSE THEY SCREW IT UP!

Just my $.02

Kudos Fisher King btw...I hope everyone apologises to you </STRONG>

k2man
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 16, 2001, 03:55 AM

Neutrino,

I have seen plenty of PC laptops with higher res screens than 1280x768. I'm looking for the same physical 15" screen that the Tibook has today, but with a pixel density in the neighborhood of the ibook (which packs 1024x768 into 12 inches). If not that density, I still want something better than what we have now. Such a big screen, not much of a real-world gain in terms of screen real estate...

Somebody made a point about a combo drive being a Build to Order option. Okay, so that may be a possibility, and in that case I'd be more satisfied.

At any rate, I know we'll know all the details soon enough, but it's only 1am Tuesday morning, so I've still got a good several hours of wild rampant speculation left in me...

<Mel>
Oct 16, 2001, 04:07 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ROTFLMAO...

Am I the only one who thinks it's so funny that MacMall's slogan is "TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS FOR TOMORROW????"

*chuckle* nice work on the Jobs test theory btw....

nick h
Forum Regular
Oct 16, 2001, 04:18 AM

I hate to add to this thread, cause I think that too much attention has been given to this topic already BUT...

If all this info is correct, and if the specs on the MacMall and ClubMac websites are correct (and I hope they aren't totally correct), then 2 questions:

1)Why did the backside cache drop to 256K??
2)Also, why only Radeon avail.?? What about nVidia Cards??

I like the gigabit ethernet.

I LIKE only one firewire port. Why do I wanna pay more for Apple to add another that I wont use since I CAN DAISY CHAIN DEVICES?

Also, I went to MacMall, and searched "powerbook 550" & "powerbook 667" and pulled up the sites peopel posted links to. BUT... then i searched for just "powerbook" and it did not have links to these sites. When I searched ClubMac, I couldnt find anything. Something is not right here, something is sketchy. WHAT IS GOIGN ON. UGH. I'M PRETENDING THIS NEVER HAPPENED.

Ready to go to bed,
Nick
Roam: iBook (Dual USB) ~ 600Mhz, 384MB, 15GB, DVD, 12.1", OS X

lythari
Forum Regular
Oct 16, 2001, 04:39 AM

Originally posted by nick h:
<STRONG>

1)Why did the backside cache drop to 256K??
2)Also, why only Radeon avail.?? What about nVidia Cards??

</STRONG>
1) Apple are probably using the 74?0 (sorry can't remember the number) which has 256K of on die L2 cache as opposed to the 1M of off die L2 cache found on current powerbooks. The decrease in cache size is more than made up for by the in increase in cache speed (now running at full clock, as opposed to half-clock).
2) Probabley because the mobility radeon 7500 (which is what I assume Apple is including) is faster than the geforce2 Go. I've also heard that it consumes less power, though I haven't had that confirmed yet.

IUJHJSDHE
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2001, 04:39 AM

Something is not right...

I do not think apple has any new updates yet.
Don't ask me what this is but I don't think it is the real new line

<etsoi>
Oct 16, 2001, 04:40 AM

I went to Macmall HP and seach for powerbook g4 667 and it appears!! you can go there and have a look at http://www.cc-inc.com/macmall/shop/d...sp?dpno=963908

lythari
Forum Regular
Oct 16, 2001, 04:44 AM

Originally posted by IUJHJSDHE:
<STRONG>Something is not right...

I do not think apple has any new updates yet.
Don't ask me what this is but I don't think it is the real new line </STRONG>
Not quite sure what you mean that Apple doesn't have any new updates yet. It's been a good 8 months since the titanium was released and it's just screaming for a makeover. The faster chips and better video card are very welcome.

I am a bit surprised that they're updating the ibook so soon (not that I have anything against frequent updates - except that my pismo is now looking very old :-).

IUJHJSDHE
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2001, 04:50 AM

Originally posted by lythari:
<STRONG>

Not quite sure what you mean that Apple doesn't have any new updates yet. It's been a good 8 months since the titanium was released and it's just screaming for a makeover. The faster chips and better video card are very welcome.

I am a bit surprised that they're updating the ibook so soon (not that I have anything against frequent updates - except that my pismo is now looking very old :-).</STRONG>
I know about how long the tibooks have been out and stuff and that is not what I am talking about.

I think the tibook will have an update soon but I don't think this is it!
I am not sure what this is

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 16, 2001, 05:02 AM

<STRONG>

I know about how long the tibooks have been out and stuff and that is not what I am talking about.

I think the tibook will have an update soon but I don't think this is it!
I am not sure what this is </STRONG>
Seriously, what are you talking about? This is *the* update. Apple doesn't go to the trouble to put together a new machine only for it "not to be the update."

It's faster. It's got a new bus (probably) on the high-end. It has a bigger HD standard. It has the ATI RADEON Mobility chipset. It has gigabit ethernet. And it has Airport standard on the high-end.

What do you mean you "don't think this is it"?

Geez.
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 16, 2001, 05:06 AM

Originally posted by lythari:
<STRONG>

1) Apple are probably using the 74?0 (sorry can't remember the number) which has 256K of on die L2 cache as opposed to the 1M of off die L2 cache found on current powerbooks. The decrease in cache size is more than made up for by the in increase in cache speed (now running at full clock, as opposed to half-clock).
2) Probabley because the mobility radeon 7500 (which is what I assume Apple is including) is faster than the geforce2 Go. I've also heard that it consumes less power, though I haven't had that confirmed yet.</STRONG>
The current chip is the 7410, and the 7440 is the rumored chip (that is also used in the Power Mac G4s). It is lower in power consumption than the 7450.
The RADEON does indeed consume less power, but the jury is out on whether it's actually better than the GeForce2Go for 3-D use (i.e., fps for Quake and the like).
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

IUJHJSDHE
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2001, 05:16 AM

Originally posted by John123:
<STRONG>

Seriously, what are you talking about? This is *the* update. Apple doesn't go to the trouble to put together a new machine only for it "not to be the update."

It's faster. It's got a new bus (probably) on the high-end. It has a bigger HD standard. It has the ATI RADEON Mobility chipset. It has gigabit ethernet. And it has Airport standard on the high-end.

What do you mean you "don't think this is it"?

Geez.</STRONG>
Why doesent the apple online store have any infomation on an update then?

Nebrie
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2001, 05:24 AM

<STRONG>

Why doesent the apple online store have any infomation on an update then? </STRONG>
Because it hasn't been officially announced yet. Otherwise we wouldn't all be here arguing.

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: Nebrie ]

<JohnB>
Oct 16, 2001, 05:42 AM

I was going to register but too many lame people...to say the least. Will not bother now.

Hey fisherKing, take it easy. Hope at least you get ALL the apologies you deserve.

neutrino23
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 16, 2001, 05:55 AM

Originally posted by k2man:
<STRONG>Neutrino,

I have seen plenty of PC laptops with higher res screens than 1280x768. I'm looking for the same physical 15" screen that the Tibook has today, but with a pixel density in the neighborhood of the ibook (which packs 1024x768 into 12 inches). If not that density, I still want something better than what we have now. Such a big screen, not much of a real-world gain in terms of screen real estate...

Somebody made a point about a combo drive being a Build to Order option. Okay, so that may be a possibility, and in that case I'd be more satisfied.

At any rate, I know we'll know all the details soon enough, but it's only 1am Tuesday morning, so I've still got a good several hours of wild rampant speculation left in me...</STRONG>
Sorry, I was being kind of flip. Actually, I can understand wanting more pixels. Are the displays you've seen around wide format or standard format? Recently here in Japan a lot of manufacturers are putting out wide format LCDs both for laptops and desktops but I haven't seen one with more resolution than 1280 x 768. Not that they aren't out there, they just don't sell them in the usual retail shops.

What sort of pricing do you see in high density LCDs for laptops?

JLL
Professional Poster
Oct 16, 2001, 06:13 AM

Ups, I didn't see the same links above.

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: JLL ]
JLL

- My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

BZ
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 16, 2001, 06:23 AM

This is no fake.

As I was reading this I reached over and grabbed my copy of the catalog. It is true. The shot he scanned is exactly what I have on the front of mine. Nothing inside, so it must have been a last, last, last minute thing.

BZ

<Fallt>
Oct 16, 2001, 06:35 AM

It's odd, the cover of that MacMall lists the 667 MHz as having 512MB RAM, 30GB HD, DVD-ROM and Airport Card (as though that Airport card is bundled, as is the 512 MB RAM). Yet the spec. at this MacMall page...:
http://www.cc-inc.com/macmall/shop/d...sp?dpno=963908

...is different. Only 256MB RAM and no mention of AirPort at all. Also, and this is more odd, there's no mention of these PowerBooks on the MacMall splash/home page or the main PowerBook page:
http://www.cc-inc.com/macmall/shop/f...mily=powerbook

?

brondee73
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 16, 2001, 06:35 AM

Everyone should just layoff the fisherking. If you want to corroborate his story then do as I did. If you look on the scanned cover you will see product numbers for these items which are difficult to fake especially if they show up on macmall. Go to macmall and do a search for product # 963907 (g4 550) or 963908 (g4 667). They are there. I saw it with my own eyes on their website. I'm sure apple will be announcing it later today although macmall will probably get spanked for this snafu. So be nice and apologize to fisherking and go about your normal lives again.

lythari
Forum Regular
Oct 16, 2001, 07:06 AM

Originally posted by brondee73:
<STRONG>I'm sure apple will be announcing it later today</STRONG>
Grrr, that means I'll have to wait to tomorrow to find out the full details (I need sleep badly and it's 21:07 here in Sydney). Being 14 hours ahead of the US (east coast) has it's disadvantages.

fisherKing  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 16, 2001, 07:13 AM

<STRONG>

On your website you have a picture of you that has been changed with photoshop. Cair to explain

Here?

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: IUJHJSDHE ]</STRONG>
Studio Artist (an app that "paints" photos you give it.)
I'm awake. Let the apologies continue!!

"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

<shaking his head>
Oct 16, 2001, 07:17 AM

Oh my god, why do I even wander into the forums anymore? It's seems that forums are a place for a statement to be made only to become a catalyst for a torrent of whining.

Example: "Apple Announces New Piece of Hardware at Great Price!"

- whines about "...but I just bought the last version 9 months ago, Apple better let me trade in my machine for a new one or I'll sue!"
- whines about "jeez, I can't believe they're screwing us by only putting in a such-and-such drive/processor/screen..."
- whines about "yeah, but it had better support my Tandy 804 Fortune Cookie printer from 1982 or they've just kissed THIS customer goodbye!"

If you don't believe FisherKing there's an easy way to see... it's called "wait-and-see". I for one, believe him -- why would he lie (he has 619 posts to his credit for Pete's sake!)? Just to "fool" you? Yeah, good one.

All of these comic-book-store-guy "worst episode ever" conspiracy theories are just so sad. Enough whining already.

<moby1>
Oct 16, 2001, 07:27 AM

I think it is true.

I also think the 550 model will sell like hot cakes at under $2200.

Everyone expected an update but we also expected the price to go back up.

I have a Ti 500 and most of the folks who stop and ask questions about it are PC users. Apple will be selling alot of these models to the PC crowd - welcome aboard!

M1

Forum Links
Forum Rules