Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Good medical software for the ipod touch?

Good medical software for the ipod touch?
tkmd
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 30, 2008, 10:30 PM

Anyone could suggest any good SW for residency ? I looked at skyscape's selection but I'm worried that its a cheap port of the palm stuff. Are there any other companies offering anything that is not web based (no free wi-fi in the hospital)

Epocrates is a given.
Pismo 400 | Powerbook 1.5 GHz | MacPro 2.66/6GB/7300GT

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 2, 2008, 08:50 PM

I'd think it would depend on what platform you're using and what other than in-house WiFi is around. What hospital/area are you at? That might bring some ideas to mind for folks that are in that area.

I'd be fairly sure that there isn't yet a functional medical app for the iPhone, but maybe there's a Blackberry product that does what you want. Palm may be the default medical PDA, but isn't that because many schools require their students to use one standard piece of hardware? (That's the case around here...) I guess the issue comes down to how married you are to your iPhone/Touch.
( Last edited by ghporter; Oct 2, 2008 at 08:58 PM. )

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Toyin
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 2008, 01:08 PM

Look at the Health and Fitness section.
-Eponyms
-idb Database allows you to keep encrypted patient data and can be a nice database for lecture notes...etc
-Medical Calculator
-Pub Search allows you to search for articles (pub search+) allows you to view articles
-Consider Air Share, allows you to carry around pdf documents (as well as other file formats)
-Wikipanion is always handy to have.

Ahhh, if only I could have done residency with information so easily obtained.
-Toyin
13" MBA 1.8ghz i7
"It's all about the rims that ya got, and the rims that ya coulda had"
S.T. 1995

Forum Links
Forum Rules