Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > It's begun ......

It's begun ......
Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2002, 04:17 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/fc?tmpl=fc&cid...at=immigration

And so, what was just a story in the movie 'The Seige' has begun...... it's so similar, it's eerie.

<Sigh>.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2002, 04:18 PM

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

Lerkfish
Dec 19, 2002, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by maxelson:
very eloquently stated.

PorscheBunny
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2002, 04:29 PM

Here we go again. Let's give them *MORE* reasons to fly planes into buildings, and let's make them legitimate reasons this time.
*LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: THE BITCH HAS LEFT TEH BUILDING*

deekay1
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2002, 04:35 PM

don't let history repeat itself!

hedonist, anarchist, agnostic, mac enthusiast and a strong believer in evolution and the yellow m&m conspiracy

GoGoReggieXPowars
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2002, 04:37 PM

"INS spokesman Arcaute said those arrested had violated immigration laws, overstayed their visas, or were wanted for crimes."

Nothing wrong with arresting criminals, surely...

ink
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2002, 04:41 PM

I'm going to reserve judgement until the facts are out there. If this is all baseless harrassment, then it's pathetic. If, however, these people are in the country illegally then they should be deported.

PorscheBunny
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2002, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by GoGoReggieXPowars:
"INS spokesman Arcaute said those arrested had violated immigration laws, overstayed their visas, or were wanted for crimes."

If there are current warrants for their arrest, no issue. If they voluntarily came forward and are treated like murderers and rapists, that's a problem.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2002, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:

very eloquently stated.
I am just unsure of how else to put it.
Lets add this up, shall we?
Well, we gotcher IAO. Run by that fine Poindexter feller. Upstanding citizen (and exactly HOW many of those nice Iran Contra fallers are in high ranking positions in the Gov RIGHT NOW?)
We gotcher "TIPS" program.
We Gotcher "PATRIOT" act.
We got that nice Carnivore thingy.
We gotcher foreigners being rounded up and pogromed... oh. I'm sorry. I meant "detained". Pogrom is a bad word. My faux pas. Apologies.
We gotcher Johnny Ashcroft telling me if I question any of this, I am "UNPATRIOTIC" and downright "SUBVERSIVE".

So. I am also labeled a "paranoid" and "conspiracy theorist" and "hysteric" if I say that I am nervous about all of these things.

If I had one thing to say to America right now, it would be this: every man, woman and child in this coutry desperately needs to read 4 things: Lord of the Flies, 1984, Frankenstein and, finally, a good general world history book.

I don't think that Joseph Warren took a musket ball in the head on Breed's Hill for this.

Mark my words. Nothing good will come of this. Nothing. And do you know what scares me more? No one seems to care.

Lerk, my friend, for the first time in my life, I have this to say: I am scared to be an American. I am Truly Scared.

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2002, 05:27 PM

this is insane.

el lindo
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 19, 2002, 05:33 PM

OMG!! it only middle easternerz!!!
it's not like they are real peoplz!

USA #1!!!
9/11 NEVER FORGET <3

</sarcasm>

talisker
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2002, 05:34 PM

Well no, but what about all the white american criminals, or criminal immigrants from "nice" western countries? I'm sure there's thousands of young Europeans in the USA who're in violation of their visa conditions by working, overstaying etc. When will they be herded up?

mavapa
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 19, 2002, 05:34 PM

I see a distinct problem with this story: no reliable sources.

The story quotes no one on figures except "imigrant activists." Why should they be believed? I blame the reporter for not pursuing this story and getting more information. Sure, she asked a government official and he declined to give numbers. Does that end it? Just ask and if they say no you tuck tail and go home? Doesn't say much for reporters.

Of course, I don't think much of reporters anyway. "Liberal conspiracy?" What a bunch of nonsense. How about "conspiracy of the ignorant?" That's a little closer to the real state of the news media in this country. And that includes Reuters, too, apparently.

However, I agree for other reasons that this country is headed towards a police state in which every citizen's rights are at risk.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Dec 19, 2002, 05:42 PM

As one possible bright side, TIPS has been abandoned. So at least that particular attempt at scaring us into complacently handing all our rights over for them to bukkake all over has failed.

Unfortunately, it seems they come up with even worse things all the time. Of all the substances it should be illegal to roll up and smoke, the Constitution really should be at the top of the list. Such a shame that the people who do this can't be brought up on treason charges...
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

thunderous_funker
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2002, 06:44 PM

The protest is at the Federal Building in Westwood where I live. It's real. Hundreds of protesters. I don't think they are just imagining their loved ones being arrested and carted off. This is happening.

This area is overwhelmingly middle easterners (jews included) and it's not going to be pretty.

mavapa
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 19, 2002, 06:58 PM

Does every person who protested have a loved one in jail? Or does every other protester have a loved one in jail? Or perhaps each protester has two loved ones in jail?

The size of the protest has nothing to do with whether the reported number is correct. I have no opinion on whether the number is correct, because I (like the reporter) have no facts on the number. My opinion is that you cannot trust the news report on the number.

thunderous_funker
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2002, 07:10 PM

Originally posted by mavapa:
Does every person who protested have a loved one in jail? Or does every other protester have a loved one in jail? Or perhaps each protester has two loved ones in jail?

The size of the protest has nothing to do with whether the reported number is correct. I have no opinion on whether the number is correct, because I (like the reporter) have no facts on the number. My opinion is that you cannot trust the news report on the number.
You've missed the point entirely. The simple fact that the government isn't revealing the number is the point. The simple fact that they can detain as many people as they want and NOT EVEN REVEAL the number is what is scary.

Let's not forget all the people still detained after 9/11 who have been held without charge, without notification, and without counsel. Their families don't even know WHERE they are being held.

I'm not trying to establish some ratio of protesters to detainees. To me it doesn't even matter. Is there an acceptable number of people that can be arrested secretly?

nvaughan3
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2002, 07:13 PM

INS spokesman Arcaute said those arrested had violated immigration laws, overstayed their visas, or were wanted for crimes.
"Americans love their country and fear their government. Liberals love their government and fear the people."

""Gun control is a band-aid, feeling good approach to the nation's crime problem. It is easier for politicians to ban something than it is to condemn a murderer to death or a robber to life in prison. In essence, 'gun control' is the coward's way out.""

ink
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2002, 07:15 PM

Originally posted by thunderous_funker:
The protest is at the Federal Building in Westwood where I live. It's real. Hundreds of protesters. I don't think they are just imagining their loved ones being arrested and carted off. This is happening.
Yeah, but the real question is: Are their loved ones here legally or not? If this is wanton racism, we should be outraged; but is that what's really going on? I used to live in southern California and this happens EVERY DAY to illegal immagrants from Mexico. One of my buddies was deported on Friday evening and was back in Costa Mesa by Sunday afternoon.

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2002, 07:17 PM

Anyone surprised that none of this has been mentioned in mainstream media like CNN, MSNBC or Fox News ? ...ive been watching these channels off and on all day and not a single thing. all ive seen is tornados in the south and Iraq.

thunderous_funker
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2002, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by ink:

Yeah, but the real question is: Are their loved ones here legally or not? If this is wanton racism, we should be outraged; but is that what's really going on? I used to live in southern California and this happens EVERY DAY to illegal immagrants from Mexico. One of my buddies was deported on Friday evening and was back in Costa Mesa by Sunday afternoon.
As for the charge of racism I would ask simply: What do you think of a law that requires all arab men of a certain age to register specially with INS?

The other part is simply what I stated before. Arrests without even revealing numbers. Why not? If there are significant violations at stake here, why should it be a problem to reveal the details?

Immigration laws should be enforced, but this sounds like something else entirely.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2002, 07:53 PM

Originally posted by Millennium:
As one possible bright side, TIPS has been abandoned. So at least that particular attempt at scaring us into complacently handing all our rights over for them to bukkake all over has failed.

Unfortunately, it seems they come up with even worse things all the time. Of all the substances it should be illegal to roll up and smoke, the Constitution really should be at the top of the list. Such a shame that the people who do this can't be brought up on treason charges...
Didn't one of the big papers (the only onesI ever consider to be real meaning NY Times, WSJ,LA Times, or Washinton Post) report that the "TIPS" program was being reworded into another bill?

I remember some article not to long ago, that said it was being wrapped up into a new bill... it would remove one aspect of it.. but all the rest would stay the same....

Don't remember exactly ...

We are doing now, what we did to the Japaneese.....

Tis a shame the US Government hates to learn a lesson.

Now watch tomorrow Bush will go on TV and say "we are not waging a war against Islam"... and irritate the situation further.

I wish the UN would step in and tell Arafat, Bin Laden, Ashcroft/Bush, and Sharon to put a gun in their mouths and pull the trigger.... then the remainder of the world can start stitching up the torn fabric of our global community.

All these guys want is to exterminate the other side. The only difference between them and other ruthless fools of the past is they don't like the word "genocide" or "race killing" or "crusade".... they call it "Fighting for Freedom" and other BS.

Unfortunately the world will not improve until these idiots, and those who follow them die.

Most wouldn't mind just living together....

But Bush and Sharon want to wipe islam off the planet

Bin Laden is ________ (don't get me started)

Arafat lost all credibility due to his past violent behavior... Even if he really means it this time... to ****ing late. If he really cared, he would step aside and let someone else step in. He for years has been yet another bigot.

My only complaint about Kofi Annan is that he won't step in. The UN is just sitting idle. They really need to step in and tell everyone to cut out the childish behavior.

Bush as a big ego problem now.
Sharon does to
Arafat is a dumb ignorant man who won't step aside
Bin Laden for all intents and purposes is dead. (for this particular matter)

Perhaps we need Jimmy Carter to step in?

This is rediculus. Years later, the problem between Jews/America and the Arab world is rediculus.....

Both sides STILL believe in exterminating the other side.

I can't believe that the people really still want that... but it's crystal clear the governments do.

It will only get worse.

It is sick

Jimmy Carter for president! At least he is into peace.

RMXO
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 19, 2002, 07:59 PM

if they are here illegaly then deport all their asses but to be treated inhumane is wrong.......
MacBook Pro 15" Unibody | iPhone 16GB 3G

PorscheBunny
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2002, 08:09 PM

http://www.nolo.com/lawcenter/faqs/d...822E932C1A1C45

Murderers and rapists have more rights than these people, some of whom have as their only crime overstaying their visa.

The writ of habeas corpus is supposed to prevent a government from secretly jailing anyone, citizens or not.

Jose Padilla is still being held incommunicado and being denied all rights. "Enemy Agent" is too loose a definition, and if legal in Padilla's case should also be legal for all suspected of espionage, including Robert Hansenn. Hansenn wasn't treated like this, and he was caught red-handed.

On an aside, I'm certain that Padilla is "John Doe #2" from the 1995 Murrah building bombing. If the government has the evidence to arrest him, why won't they go to trial. Is the evidence that weak, or would it show complicity by one or more high-ranking members of the US government?

Atef's corpse
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: Baghdad, chillin' with Chirac and Schr�der over cocktails with Saddam.
Dec 19, 2002, 08:43 PM

Why haven't I seen this on any major sites' main pages, or even on any of their pages--the Washinton Post, the Times, CNN? Maybe because they're checking their facts, and don't want to jump to conclusions about what a bunch of rabble are spouting.

Hold your tongues, infidels, and give the story a few days to straighten itself out.

Worry not, appeasement-loving infidels! Chirac & Schr�der defend the Butcher of Baghdad.

Atef's corpse
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: Baghdad, chillin' with Chirac and Schr�der over cocktails with Saddam.
Dec 19, 2002, 08:48 PM

Originally posted by PorscheBunny:
Jose Padilla is still being held incommunicado and being denied all rights. "Enemy Agent" is too loose a definition, and if legal in Padilla's case should also be legal for all suspected of espionage, including Robert Hansenn. Hansenn wasn't treated like this, and he was caught red-handed.
Padilla is an enemy combatant, not an enemy agent. He was, the gov't says, acting in support of foreign forces hostile to the United States--forces with which the Great Satan is at war with. Very simple. He has no rights but by the Grace of the USA.

Espionage is different when it is not during wartime. If Hansenn had provided al queda or the Lesser Satan with the plans or information to launch any attack against the US, then his place would be in a Navy brig, too. And good riddance to bad rubbish.

by p bunny:
On an aside, I'm certain that Padilla is "John Doe #2" from the 1995 Murrah building bombing.
How in Allah's name do you know that?

Worry not, appeasement-loving infidels! Chirac & Schr�der defend the Butcher of Baghdad.

nvaughan3
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2002, 08:55 PM

As for the charge of racism I would ask simply: What do you think of a law that requires all arab men of a certain age to register specially with INS?

I guess if that law is ever considered we could discuss it. As of right now, that's not even close to the current law.

And again:

INS spokesman Arcaute said those arrested had violated immigration laws, overstayed their visas, or were wanted for crimes.

We are doing now, what we did to the Japaneese.....

All the japanese we rounded up had committed immigration violations or were wanted on criminal charges? I dont remember that.

if they are here illegaly then deport all their asses but to be treated inhumane is wrong.......

Agreed, can you please elaborate how (if anything) they were treated inhumanely?

Murderers and rapists have more rights than these people, some of whom have as their only crime overstaying their visa.
Correct, murderers and rapists are usually citizens.

On an aside, I'm certain that Padilla is "John Doe #2" from the 1995 Murrah building bombing.

Why dont you share your evidence with the prosecutors.
( Last edited by nvaughan3; Dec 19, 2002 at 09:01 PM. )
"Americans love their country and fear their government. Liberals love their government and fear the people."

""Gun control is a band-aid, feeling good approach to the nation's crime problem. It is easier for politicians to ban something than it is to condemn a murderer to death or a robber to life in prison. In essence, 'gun control' is the coward's way out.""

Atef's corpse
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 19, 2002, 09:01 PM

It's not racist. Some of you chicken little nitwits forget that Iranians ARE NOT Arab.

It's about terrorist countries, people, not races. Get over it.

And my question stands: Why no reports from other media outlets? Maybe it's not credible.

so much for the sky falling.

Cipher13
Dec 19, 2002, 09:25 PM

Yes, well, why weren't they arrested when they should have been? They couldn't be bothered until now? Very bad freaking move.

Originally posted by Atef's corpse:
It's not racist. Some of you chicken little nitwits forget that Iranians ARE NOT Arab.

It's about terrorist countries, people, not races. Get over it.

And my question stands: Why no reports from other media outlets? Maybe it's not credible.

so much for the sky falling.
Oh yeah, those Iranians - they're all bad seeds. Every one of them is evil. Right?

That's the same goddamn thinking that god your two towers blown up.

"They're all the same".

I'm glad you learned from that event.

Originally posted by maxelson:

I am just unsure of how else to put it.
Lets add this up, shall we?
Well, we gotcher IAO. Run by that fine Poindexter feller. Upstanding citizen (and exactly HOW many of those nice Iran Contra fallers are in high ranking positions in the Gov RIGHT NOW?)
We gotcher "TIPS" program.
We Gotcher "PATRIOT" act.
We got that nice Carnivore thingy.
We gotcher foreigners being rounded up and pogromed... oh. I'm sorry. I meant "detained". Pogrom is a bad word. My faux pas. Apologies.
We gotcher Johnny Ashcroft telling me if I question any of this, I am "UNPATRIOTIC" and downright "SUBVERSIVE".

So. I am also labeled a "paranoid" and "conspiracy theorist" and "hysteric" if I say that I am nervous about all of these things.

If I had one thing to say to America right now, it would be this: every man, woman and child in this coutry desperately needs to read 4 things: Lord of the Flies, 1984, Frankenstein and, finally, a good general world history book.

I don't think that Joseph Warren took a musket ball in the head on Breed's Hill for this.

Mark my words. Nothing good will come of this. Nothing. And do you know what scares me more? No one seems to care.

Lerk, my friend, for the first time in my life, I have this to say: I am scared to be an American. I am Truly Scared.
Well said, Max. Well said.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2002, 09:26 PM

FREEDOM!�

Hahahaha.

Yeah.

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Dec 19, 2002, 10:02 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Jun 26, 2004 at 02:27 AM. )

Atef's corpse
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 19, 2002, 10:11 PM

You people need to brush up on your Anglais. I am saying that fingerprinting and documenting people from certain countries, most of which are Arab countries, is not racist. Locking up all the Arabs would be racist, and that would be wrong. But fingerprinting and documenting isn't wrong, because it is a priviledge, not a right, to visit the United States. People from Saudi Arabia and other countries (countries which tend to be Muslim AND Arab) represent a greater threat to the United States, and it is not racist to focus on them. Of course registration or fingerprinting does not apply to US citizens of Arab decent or 'green card' holders.
( Last edited by Atef's corpse; Dec 19, 2002 at 10:22 PM. )

cheerios
Professional Poster
Dec 19, 2002, 10:19 PM

The short shall inherit the earth. Just you wait. You won't see us coming. We'll pop out from under tables, beds, and closets in hordes. So you're tall, huh? You won't be so tall when I chew off your ankles. Mofo

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2002, 10:37 PM

HOLY CRAP!

That could be me in my return through the Miami airport.

What a WAY to end my Xmas vacation!

ink
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2002, 10:42 PM

Originally posted by thunderous_funker:

The other part is simply what I stated before. Arrests without even revealing numbers. Why not? If there are significant violations at stake here, why should it be a problem to reveal the details?
But, again, this happens ALL THE TIME for Mexicans here, and there is never any outrage over it. They never "arrest" individuals on the Mexican border; INS rounds them up and drops them off back in TJ. I don't understand why this case is really any different, if that is what's going on.
Immigration laws should be enforced, but this sounds like something else entirely.
I hope you're wrong, but with the climate lately...

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Dec 19, 2002, 10:44 PM

Originally posted by The Godfather:
HOLY CRAP!

That could be me in my return through the Miami airport.

What a WAY to end my Xmas vacation!
When did you move to Peru? Didn't you use to live in Florida?

Just curious.

How is Peru these days? Are there any Macs there?
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Atef's corpse
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 19, 2002, 10:53 PM

But, again, this happens ALL THE TIME for Mexicans here, and there is never any outrage over it. They never "arrest" individuals on the Mexican border; INS rounds them up and drops them off back in TJ.
This shouldn't even be an issue. Mexican illegals caught entering the country via the Mexico-US border should have no right to trials. Cuff 'em and load 'em on the next bus back to their country. It would be a huge waste of money to arrest them, process them, and give them court hearings. Stupid.

rampant
Banned
Location: permanent resident of the Land of the Easily Aroused
Dec 19, 2002, 10:56 PM

Have any of you delt with the INS? My father was an illegal immigrant for quite a while because the INS was being retarded about extending his visa. I'd wish it upon nobody to have to deal with them.

ink
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2002, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by rampant:
Have any of you delt with the INS? My father was an illegal immigrant for quite a while because the INS was being retarded about extending his visa. I'd wish it upon nobody to have to deal with them.
If you think it's bad here, you should check out Australia or Sweden sometime. My friends went through hell, and the one eventually had to leave Australia.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Dec 19, 2002, 11:16 PM

If you think it's bad here, you should check out Australia or Sweden sometime. My friends went through hell, and the one eventually had to leave Australia.
Sweden? Why would anyone want to move there?
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 20, 2002, 12:02 AM

Originally posted by macvillage.net:

I wish the UN would step in and tell Arafat, Bin Laden, Ashcroft/Bush, and Sharon to put a gun in their mouths and pull the trigger.... then the remainder of the world can start stitching up the torn fabric of our global community.
couldnt have said it better myself. i believe a VAST majority of people are truely peace loving, on both sides of the equasion, it's only when people like Bin Laden start brainwashing ppl around them, like The government n media do here, that everyone gets so rallied up for war.

My words to them , is ..... fight, bloweach other up, do whatever.... just leave ppl like us alone.... you can preach all you want about freedom, love and peace, but it's us who are preserving the ideals of freedom, love and peace, and the more people become aware, the more they will realize that it's people like our leaders who want the opposite.

As for me, im quite sick of this ****. Our economy is in shambles, you have prominent people making comments like Lott(and what's worse...people getting overly sensitive about the whole thing), our military invading every goddamn nation and country where ppl dont do what we would like them to do. Our media is run by puppets and the term 'freedom of speech' is now a joke. I've begun looking for jobs in Europe and NZ... and will be departing to tour Europe in February and dont plan on coming back.
( Last edited by Hawkeye_a; Dec 20, 2002 at 12:10 AM. )

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 20, 2002, 12:13 AM

Originally posted by rampant:
Have any of you delt with the INS?
Many times, by mail. I hope I never get the trouble your dad got. The INS is screwed up with their laws, specially automatic asylum, but not giving visas to those who deserve them.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 20, 2002, 12:22 AM

What cracks me up is that the only people to be deported are the ones honest enough to front up when the US Government asks them to. Surely if you knew your papers weren't in order you wouldn't report to the immigration people, would you? So a lot of these people would be quite surprised to get deported.

Little wonder their relatives are angry.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Dec 20, 2002, 12:33 AM

We're deporting lawbreakers?

yay.

ink
Mac Elite
Dec 20, 2002, 12:39 AM

Originally posted by Face Ache:
What cracks me up is that the only people to be deported are the ones honest enough to front up when the US Government asks them to. Surely if you knew your papers weren't in order you wouldn't report to the immigration people, would you? So a lot of these people would be quite surprised to get deported.

Little wonder their relatives are angry.
I hate to keep on brining up Mexicans, but I know many illegals (well, fewer since I moved to Idaho). They learned this lesson a LONG time ago; when la imigra comes, you RUN LIKE HELL.

Atef's corpse
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 20, 2002, 12:40 AM

The INS is awful, and will screw you over give the slightest chance. Tread carefully, infidel.

And no one gives a crap what you think, Robert. Damned Jew-hating bastard.

Atef's corpse
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 20, 2002, 12:54 AM

Originally posted by Hawkeye_a:
As for me, im quite sick of this ****. Our economy is in shambles,
The economy is not in shambles. Growth is slow, but it it still growth. Productivity is up, and unemployment isn't reaching critical mass. You're in panic, it seems--believing all that media 'propaganda' you so quickly rail against in your post. Sooo lame.
Hawkeye_a mindlessly blurts:our military invading every goddamn nation
what would you have preferred? Doing nothing, letting Al Queda grow and plan uninhibited in Afghanistan? You probably would have been content on letting Hitler conquer (and keep) all of Europe, too, because you wouldn't have wanted to invade another nation.

Grow a spine, and when you're enjoying your freedoms, remember all the hundreds of thousands of US, British, and Australian soldiers who died for freedom. It is the English-speaking countries that saved the world, not once, but twice--first from Fascism and second from Communism. The third time it will be from terrorism.
puked out by Hawkeye_a:I've begun looking for jobs in Europe and NZ... and will be departing to tour Europe in February and dont plan on coming back.
Excellent! Good riddance to bad rubbish. And my impression is that you are NOT an American citizen. Therefore, it is not YOUR military, not YOUR country or your democratically elected government. We can only hope you won't have 'net access wherever you wind up.

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 20, 2002, 02:49 AM

1. i graduated in June and have been unemployed since...and so have most of the people i graduated with. ... that is sign enough for me that this economy is experiencing a major depression.

2. no i'd rather they take a moe methological approact to the problem instead of becoming terrorists themselves.
and by the way, u have to take some sort of lessons in manners , im sure the ghetto that u call home didnt hel p you any, but thats no reason to be so militant. and u might want to try learning some new vocabulary as well.... using 'infidel' in almost every thread uve posted in only goes to show ur limited , narrow mind.
grow up and become civilized.

seeing how u are full of hate and anger u might want totry kick boxing or something, cause ur behavior on these boards is becoming unacceptable.

the only abd thing about Apple lower it's prices is that the rif-raf like u will become part of this community and it's so sickening to see intellectually impared like u, claim to be mac-users. get a life and get out of that box.

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Dec 20, 2002, 03:11 AM

Originally posted by deekay1:

don't let history repeat itself!
check

Sorry, wanted to post an image, but I can't do the web server thing right now. Long story short, link to a sight about the Japanese internment camps, as if to say, "It's not like this is the first time the U.S. has done this."

BG

korn
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 20, 2002, 03:11 AM

I've had enough of all those Anti-America comments made by those fockin' Europiiiiians!

Forum Links
Forum Rules