Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Improving iTunes Genius Results...

Improving iTunes Genius Results...
m021478
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 13, 2009, 07:58 PM

I've read in a number of magazine articles and reputable online blogs that one of the best ways to improve the results you can expect from iTunes 'Genius' feature is to make sure that you music it correctly tagged using the same 'Genre' field that the track is tagged with on the iTunes store (as opposed coming up with you own obscure Genre labels of your own, such as "Midwestern Rap" or "Thrash & Speed Metal").

Does anyone know of an application, plugin or script that ca assist in automatically tagging the non-purchased tracks I have in iTunes with the correct iTunes 'Genre' fields?

I've used a plugin in the past called TuneUp, which in all honesty is an amazing app that has worked wonders on improving the metadata tags of my iTunes tracks, but unfortunately, this app is the one that applied the two (terrible) genre labels I've used above as examples ("Midwestern Rap" or "Thrash & Speed Metal")...

Anyone know how to automate tagging all of my non-purchased iTunes tracks with the precise 'Genre' field that they're tagged with in the iTunes store?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules