Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Google Chrome sync not working on my Macs!

Google Chrome sync not working on my Macs!
m021478
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 9, 2010, 04:36 PM

I am using Google Chrome 8.0.552.215 on my Mac (running OSX 10.6.5).

I can't get Chrome sync working properly. I had everything setup and working properly this morning between my iMac and my Mac Pro, but then I noticed that my bookmarks didn't import properly from Firefox (I'd imported my bookmarks from Firefox into Chrome on my Mac Pro just prior to initially setting up Chrome Sync).

I decided to delete all of the bookmarks from Chrome on my Mac Pro, then immediately reimport them a second time (making sure to fix the issue that caused my initial problem this second time around). For some strange reason, this has somehow completely screwed up Chrome sync, which doesn't sync anything anymore (bookmarks, extensions, etc...)

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome, but still no luck!

I've logged into my Google Dashboard and deleted all of the Chrome Sync Data, waited a good half hour, then tried setting up Chrome sync again... Google Dashboard does show that data is being synced from this first machine, but then when I set it up on the second computer (with a completely clean install of Chrome), the data never makes it there!

I am at a complete loss here. I've even tried using an alternate Google Account, but that didn't work either!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!
-------------------------------------------
Please don't tell me to "search the forums" before posting. I can assure you that I already have!

houstonmacbro
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 12, 2011, 01:28 PM

FF 4 is supposed to sync across computers, but wanted to know if this works across the same multi-user computer. Meaning, can I have my bookmarks sync both users (same) computer? I can't seem to find anything anywhere on this.

Young Spade
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 28, 2011, 02:28 AM

Go and get Xmarks. Right now I have the Chrome Browsers (either Canary or Chrome) sync everything BUT the bookmarks. I use Xmarks on both Firefox and Chrome to automatically keep all of my bookmarks synced across both browsers.

Forum Links
Forum Rules