Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Dragthing help

Dragthing help
arythmic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2003, 11:41 PM

ok so I just got dragthing and was wondering how I can get my draghting to lok and operate like this image(http://www.zeldman.com/i/accessories/osx.gif)...thanks in advance

Brooks Seymore
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2003, 12:20 AM

Originally posted by arythmic:
ok so I just got dragthing and was wondering how I can get my draghting to lok and operate like this image(http://www.zeldman.com/i/accessories/osx.gif)...thanks in advance
To recreate Zeldman's dock-style, do the following. I'll assume you already know how to add additional layers to your dock.

1) Create New Dock
2) Open Dock Options (Under the Edit menu)

3) On the Apperance tab do the following:
a) Set Icon Size to 25 X 25
b) Uncheck Show Window Title Bar (Note: with the title bars hidden, hold down the option key to move the dock)
c) Uncheck Show Item Names

4) On Visibiltiy tab, check "Use Translucency" adjust slider until you find the best setting. The default looks close to what he uses.
5) Open DragThing Preferences (Under the DragThing menu)
6) On Switching tab, check "Show running applications in a dock"
7) Check "Use Appearance Font" and select Small Bold System Font (on Appearance Tab)

Click on title bar of the Process Dock dock to make it the frontmost dock and then
repeat steps 3a, 3b and 4.

8) Open the Layer Options (also under the edit menu), set Style of Process Dock to West Bevel

Rearrange position of docks as you see fit.

B

arythmic  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2003, 12:30 AM

thanks so much

ARENA
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2003, 01:18 AM

The great thing about DragThing is that it can be configured in so many different ways to get the look desired by the user.
The best thing is to dig through all the options and preferences and play for a while experimenting them all.

I personally love to have all my stuff (apps and folders) categorized on a drawer layered dock on the right side, using the whole height of the screen.

Forum Links
Forum Rules