Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Compatibility of an IBM 48GH with a Pismo

Compatibility of an IBM 48GH with a Pismo
YongHeun
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 24, 2002, 08:51 AM

I have a problem with a hard drive upgrade. I bought an IBM Travelstar 48GH hard drive for my pismo powerbook (500Mhz, 512MB Ram) from the Tranintl. The new hard drive seemed to have a compatibility problem with my pismo. When my pismo started up, a question mark appeared. After 2-3 seconds, it dissappeared and the computer started up. This was the first strange thing. The next one was very serious. It was a 'sleeping problem.' My pismo that was slept did not wake up. The Transintl allowed me to replace this hard drive. I went to the Transintl office to exchange it with a new one and to test a new hard drive. The new hard drive had the same prblem. I tested this hard drive with another pismo of the Transintl. The same problem happened with the pismo.
Here is my question. Does the IBM 48GH have a compatibility problem with the Pismo powerbook model? Or any solution?

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
May 24, 2002, 10:45 AM

I don't know of any well-known problems with these -- I use one in my Pismo 400. I got mine from Transintl as well...

Forum Links
Forum Rules