Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > how can I buy a mini with paypall?

how can I buy a mini with paypall?
Stolfi1
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2006, 11:28 PM

I dont know if this is the right forum but forgive if it isnt. I want to buy a mini with money in my paypal account. I got enough for one but apple doesnt take paypal so I need a reseller that does. Please help.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2006, 11:55 PM

ebay? amazon? newegg? one of them must take paypal.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Mar 23, 2006, 03:14 AM

The vast majority of ebay sellers take paypal. You also might be able to find a deal on a gently use mini, as well.

EFFENDI
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2006, 04:20 AM

Just apply for a PayPal debit card, you can then use whatever balance you have in your PayPal account at almost any merchant that takes MasterCard debit/credit cards. I also believe PayPal offers a "virtual" MasterCard, which gives you a number/expiration date/CVV2 number, specifically for this purpose. You will need to check out both programs by logging in to your PayPal account and cehcking those out in the help sections.

turbopants
Forum Regular
Mar 23, 2006, 04:24 AM

I second the eBay route, just find a reputable seller that accepts that type of payment. Should not be hard to find. If that fails, go to the Paypal website and look for vendors and stores that sell Macs. Good luck.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 23, 2006, 08:13 AM

If you open a bank account with a balance of, say, $10 or more, you can link it to your paypal account, transfer the money to the account for free, then use the cash at your local Apple store or Apple reseller.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2006, 10:21 AM

I'd recommend for the PayPal Mastercard debit card. It give's you cash back, which will be nice for a large purchase like this, and you can use it at any online/retail store.

hookem2oo7
Senior User
Mar 23, 2006, 10:51 AM

i've used the paypal virtual debit card on several occasions before i got my actual paypal debit card

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2006, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by hookem2oo7
i've used the paypal virtual debit card on several occasions before i got my actual paypal debit card
I think that can only be used at certain sites and PayPal stores though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules