Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Powerbook through MacMall - Yes or No?

Powerbook through MacMall - Yes or No?
dodgerfan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 31, 2005, 11:46 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums (though I've been browsing them for a while), and I think you guys are great! Your knowledge of Powerbooks has definitely been a big help to me.

I bought a Powerbook in November 2002, and needless to say, I'm ready for a new one. I've noticed that the prices for computers on MacMall are less than they are at the Apple store. I don't know much about MacMall though. Is it reputable? Would you recommend buying a computer from MacMall, or is it better to go straight through Apple? I would really appreciate any opinions you could give me on this. Thanks for your help!

Dakkon
Forum Regular
Jan 1, 2006, 01:20 AM

a buddy of mine bought from macmall all the time, with no problems. Don’t see why it would matter, mac mall is an authorized reseller of apple products.

zanyterp
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 1, 2006, 03:43 AM

i've bought through macmall and they are a good company to use; highly recommended. it is also one that my dad uses for his purchases.
some people are like slinkys: they don't do much, but are fun to push down stairs.

dodgerfan  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 1, 2006, 06:01 AM

Thanks so much for your input! Now I have no qualms about buying my new Powerbook from MacMall.

NosniboR80
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 1, 2006, 07:29 PM

I bought this Rev A Titanium PB from macmall way back in March of 2001. As I remember it, they were exactly what you wanted - i.e. I ordered it and received it, no more and no less. Oh, and they were cheaper than everyone else, and I got an extra 256MB of RAM for the price of installation.
Semper Fi

jhogarty
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 1, 2006, 08:32 PM

I'd wait at least another week or so just in the off chance we get some interesting news from Macworld.

J.
Converted 4/29/05
G5 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 1 Gig Ram
G5 Dual 2.5Ghz Power Mac, X800 XT, 2.5 Gig Ram, 23" ACD
G4 Mac Mini 1.5GHz, 512MB Ram, 64MB VRam, Int. Modem
MacBook Pro 2.00GHz, X1600-256MB, 2.0 Gig Ram, 100GB 7200RPM HD, USB Modem

Macola
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2006, 10:43 PM

Personally, I'll never do business with MacMall again after they screwed me over many years ago. I convinced a few other users to boycott them as well.

But don't take my word for it...

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1554.html

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1868.html
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

Forum Links
Forum Rules