Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Help?... with PC or MacNN-like PC forum?

Help?... with PC or MacNN-like PC forum?
n_lim
Forum Regular
Oct 17, 2003, 09:01 AM

Howdy,

Been having some problems with my *eek* Dell lately and was wondering if there was a similar forum as my much trusted Macnn for PC users?

Before people flame me for having a PC, I need it for my grad architecture program (runs autocad and Viz4) and it was $600. There, I said it.

Anyway, been getting a lot of weird crashes lately and wanted to try and diagnose and see if my RAM was corrupt or if it could be something else.

Maybe some kind soul here could help me? I have a Dell 4550 P4 2.4GHZ with 1gig ram with XP Pro. In the past few months I have had the blue screen of death numerous times with the message about "memory exceptions". Also, simply opening up some of my folders causes the OS to do a "soft" crash. I was going to back-up everything and reinstall everything this weekend, but before I do that, wanted some advice on the process.

Thanks in advance and I am sorry if the Lounge is not the right place for this question (didn't know where to ask). Mods feel free to move.
12" Al 867|60GB|SD

starman
Clinically Insane
Oct 17, 2003, 09:09 AM

neowin.net

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Forum Links
Forum Rules