Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > If they are right...

If they are right...
storer
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2004, 09:36 AM

If think secret is correct, do you think the eMac will be killed off seeing as though there is supposed to be this bare bones education model? I can't see the point in keeping it! Maybe they will integrate iMac and eMac together and the lowest model iMac will be the eMac... I doubt it though because the price range they give is not cheap and it would be an lcd. So, what do you guys think?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 13, 2004, 10:28 AM

the eMac will remain, with a much lower price than the iMac.
I could see the entry level eMac go for $650 or so....

No LCD iMac will be in that range anytime soon...

-t

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Aug 13, 2004, 12:48 PM

Kids and LCD screens DON'T mix!

Unless the new models come with hard plastic covers (like some of the Sony computers have) it's just not going to happen.

Also, if Apple kills off the eMac, they will kill off thousands of potential customers. For one thing, $749 for a combo drive eMac is an important market.

storer  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2004, 05:53 PM

Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
Kids and LCD screens DON'T mix!
Thats what i Have said all along and finally someone is remembering that! I was thinking that there might be a really cheap eMac brought in. In Australia the lowest is $1200 - we get slugged a heap more than anywhere else, even with the currency change. With Dell and others in Australia (We don't have gateway anymore, i think it may have died) selling their lowest computers at $800 or less, Apple needs to do something!

Forum Links
Forum Rules