Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Missing Sync and Treo 650

Missing Sync and Treo 650
JFischel
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 11, 2005, 09:51 PM

Hey all...

Hope you've come down from the excitement of MWSF. I'm wondering if any of my Mac Brotheren have or are using Missing Sync with their Treo 650s? I know it's Mac and Treo compliant, I'm looking for opinions on end user experiences? It would be so nice to have the thing Bluetooth sync on discovery.

Thanks!

Josh
20 Inch Intel iMac * MacBook 2 GHz * 60GB iPod * 4GB iPhone

Big-C
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 11, 2005, 11:42 PM

I use this combination. I was hesitant to pay extra money to sync since the treo comes with free sync software, but since I've been using I feel my purchase was a good one. These are the things that are useful to me:

- Since I use iCal & Addressbook to sync with, I have no use for the Palm Desktop.
- I like the Missing Sync interface - nice and simple.
- I like the bluetooth sync; simple to set up and it works fine for me (kinda slow, but I assume that's a limitation of bluetooth).
- Missing Sync software lets me use my 1 GB SD card as temporary storage (mounts on my desktop like a flash drive). It's probably slower than a flash drive, but I don't know for sure, and I don't use it often enough to care.
- The license you buy lets you use it on 2 computers, so I use it at work too.
- Nice instructions are included to show you how to use it with iTunes & iPhoto.

It could be improved by letting me sync categories (which might not be missing sync's fault).

And I'm really pleased with the 650!

JFischel  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 12, 2005, 12:01 AM

Thanks for the review. I love the 650, totally worth the upgrade from the 600 for me. I want to use it to its potential. Thusforth and hensly I was looking at the Missing Sync software.

-Josh
20 Inch Intel iMac * MacBook 2 GHz * 60GB iPod * 4GB iPhone

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Jan 12, 2005, 12:15 AM

It's great for Bluetooth and xferring files to the SD card, and I've had less duplicates. Here's a review I did of it.

Big-C
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 12, 2005, 01:18 AM

JHromadka,

Coincidentally, I used your review as a guide when upgrading to the 650; specifically the "Moving to the Treo 650" page & which installers to use...

Thanks for the tip!

Forum Links
Forum Rules