Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Help in NYC Area

Help in NYC Area
JFischel
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2004, 11:42 AM

Hey all, It's looking like I may be working in the greatest city in the world in the next little while. The company I may be working for is in Forest Hills. Any suggestions on where to look for a place to rest my head that has fairly easy access to Forest Hills and Manhattan?

Many Thanks,

Josh
20 Inch Intel iMac * MacBook 2 GHz * 60GB iPod * 4GB iPhone

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2004, 12:07 PM

the area you are working in is Queens. ever see Eddie Murphy's Coming to America? Forest Hills is very close to that.

You will want to live in Queens as well. There are a lot of areas to live in in Queens:

Astoria, Maspeth, Elmhurst, Middle Village and much more. They are all on the subway route and can get you there in less than a half hour (FH).

Queens is very close to Manhatten, also a half hour or so depending where you are located to get into uptown manhatten.

Brooklyn is Queens more famous counterpart (where i live) and is viewed as more "dangerous". I can vouch that the entire state of New York is very safe unless you live on a Black dominated project area (sorry, hate to be un-PC but it's the truth).

you can email me if you have any questions, i used to live very close to forest hills, 10 yrs ago

JFischel  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2004, 01:25 PM

I was thinking Queens was the right borough for me. I want to be able to get everywhere pretty well. Sounds like Queens is fairly central for my needs. Can't wait for The Big City...they don't call it the Center of the Known Universe for nothing.

-Josh
20 Inch Intel iMac * MacBook 2 GHz * 60GB iPod * 4GB iPhone

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2004, 06:31 PM

Go to www.mta.info and look over the NYC Subway map. It will give you a general idea of the different boroughs, neighborhoods, and routes of transportation.

Forum Links
Forum Rules