Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > XBox 360 Wireless Adapter -- > Airport Extreme Basestation

XBox 360 Wireless Adapter -- > Airport Extreme Basestation
JFischel
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2006, 09:49 PM

All,

Anyone successfully gotten their XBOX 360 with the Microsoft branded wireless adapter to connect to their Airport Extreme Basestation? The XBOX connects to the network, but never gets an IP addy from the DHCP server in the AEB. I'm guessing it doesn't like the IP sharing versus sending out a pile of IP addresses.

Any thoughts?

THANKS!!!

Josh
20 Inch Intel iMac * MacBook 2 GHz * 60GB iPod * 4GB iPhone

Macpilot
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2006, 12:12 PM

I have my 360 connected to my Airport Express. However, I am using no encryption or access control or any of that stuff. It is just the default settings for the base station other than the name of the network.

I first had access control set up, and had problems with the 360 seeing the network. Then I tried only WPA and still problems. So I decided to go back to default settings.

Don't have any Windows-machines on the network so I am not worried about security.

The 360 connects every time.

As a side note, I bought this cool shareware program that lets me stream my iTunes and iPhoto to the 360 called Connect360. Check it out! For $20 it is awesome.
MacBook Pro
Mac Mini

HazMacFan
Nov 25, 2006, 06:04 PM

I just got a 360 today. I have an AE plugged to my wired network with a iBook wireless to the AE and other computers on the wired network. I could not get the 360 to connect WPA2 but it is working fine on WPA Personal. No issues, I got in the XBOX Marketplace and downloaded demos no issues. I have a separate DHCP Linux server so the AE is only working as an access point.
24" iMac 2.8 C2Ext,15" MBPro 2.2 C2D,20" iMac 2.0 G5,12" iBook 1.2 G4
16GB 3G iPhone, 60GB 5th Gen iPod, 20 GB 3rd Gen iPod

Forum Links
Forum Rules