Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: Battery for Late 2008 Unibody

WTB: Battery for Late 2008 Unibody
Gamoe
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2011, 06:37 PM

I just recently realized my battery is swollen and need a new one. I use it like a desktop, so I just need a battery to save me from those accidental magsafe disconnections. If anyone has an old battery around for cheap, trade or shipping, let me know. The model number is A1281.

chipchen
Mac Elite
Apr 10, 2011, 02:16 AM

What do you mean by swollen? Like the battery is defective? If you take it to an Apple store, you're likely to get a new one. (free that is)

Gamoe  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2011, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by chipchen View Post
What do you mean by swollen? Like the battery is defective? If you take it to an Apple store, you're likely to get a new one. (free that is)
Actually, I was promised a free replacement when I came in with the battery, but they had none in stock at The Apple Store and required my Mac's serial # to process an order for one. When I came back with my Mac in hand, Apple's free "one-time (it's our fault, but we still want to call it a) favor" became a $30 discount on a $130 battery instead. Of course, it was another rep. I'm going to have to try to catch the original rep again somehow.

chipchen
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2011, 11:49 PM

Get a manager, tell them what you were promised. If not, take your battery to another store... there's really no way they should allow you to take the battery back as it's dangerous.

Forum Links
Forum Rules