Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 300Mhz G3 ZIF and 256KB L2 Cache for PM 5400/6400

FS: 300Mhz G3 ZIF and 256KB L2 Cache for PM 5400/6400
Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2004, 11:21 PM

Okay...so I am going through an old box of stuff and come across these 2 items...

The 300 Mhz G3 chip came out of my old beige G3 - I had upgraded it to a 500Mhz chip and of course that computer is long gone now. I guess it would give a bit of a boost to someones 233Mhz beige G3....

The 256KB cache....I think it came from my even older Motorola clone, which I had put a 512kb cache in....some of the compatible PMacs (5400 + 6400) and clones of this era shipped with empty cache slots....maybe you have one?

Yeah. I know both these things are basically not worth anything.....so here you go....FREE, yes FREE...to the first person to ask.....but you will have to pay the shipping/packing cost (and I am not going to pull an eBay-er and charge 3 times what the actual cost is...)...which in USA/Canada is probably about $2 for the L2 cache and maybe 4 or 5 for the G3 (just because its a bit thicker).

At that price there is of course no guarantees and they are "as is" - but I can tell you that they both worked well last time they were used - years ago. They've both been stored well in anti-static bags so I see no reason why they shouldn't be good as new.

Email me at - reverse dot biased at gmail dot com - if you have any use for either.
( Last edited by Mr. Blur; Oct 8, 2004 at 10:21 AM. )
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

Forum Links
Forum Rules