Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet?

Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet? (Page 16)
n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 25, 2006, 08:12 AM

Most of ya are so lucky to receive yours by late Feb. early March. I ordered mine four days ago and it won't be here till mid to late March. I think a 3-4 week delay is outragous even if you are short on supply, it just shouldn't take that long for supply to catch up
They must of either really way underestimated the demand taking 3 weeks to recover.

This might be far fetched, but could it be that they found something wrong w/ their MBPs and fixing it? Or maybe one of their parts distributors slowed their shipment.

.............the wait is killing me By the time mines arrive they're prolly ready to introduce the 17" dropping the price of the 15" lol hehehe.

Apple, if u're listening, hire more Chinese workers and ship these suckers, QUICK!

cms
Senior User
Feb 25, 2006, 08:21 AM

Two 2.0 GHz MacBook Pros left Shanghai on Sunday night, and turned up at my front door at 11:15 AM yesterday morning. I am delighted with the transit time and am particularly pleased to have my new toy (the other one is for a client) to play with all weekend long!

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2006, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by n8236
Most of ya are so lucky to receive yours by late Feb. early March. I ordered mine four days ago and it won't be here till mid to late March. I think a 3-4 week delay is outragous even if you are short on supply, it just shouldn't take that long for supply to catch up
They must of either really way underestimated the demand taking 3 weeks to recover.

This might be far fetched, but could it be that they found something wrong w/ their MBPs and fixing it? Or maybe one of their parts distributors slowed their shipment.

.............the wait is killing me By the time mines arrive they're prolly ready to introduce the 17" dropping the price of the 15" lol hehehe.

Apple, if u're listening, hire more Chinese workers and ship these suckers, QUICK!
best. post. ever.

Velocity211
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 25, 2006, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by onlykaria
best. post. ever.
That's pretty racist
iMac 24" | Core 2 Extreme 2.8GHz | 4GB RAM | 500GB HD
PowerBook G4 15" HR | 1.67GHz | 2GB RAM | 100GB HD
R.I.P 1995 Toyota Supra NA-T

MacG33k
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2006, 03:34 PM

Listen, the shortage is created artificially by Apple. Having the perceived shortage, it keeps the margin high and their stock price rising(it's been taking some beating lately). Sony has been doing this for years and now it's being deployed by Microsoft with Xbox 360 and Apple. It's also creates buzz (take a look at the number of posts in this subject) for their new product and makes it possible for Steve Jobs to say that the response to the new product has been phenominal to a point that they can't keep up with the demand. Really, do you guys here really think that they can't manufacture enough? Give me a break.

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2006, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Velocity211
That's pretty racist
there is nothing racist in saying you want you shipped to you faster, or in allowing someone else to complain about that. nor is it racist to note that these things are made and shipped from china, because these puters not american or japanese, they are made in china, by cheap labor and shipped to other places at a profit to apple. its a fact. if you would like to have a discussion about labor practices i would be more than happy too, but this is not the place.

anyway, noting that these things are made in china, lets hire some more chinese workers and get these machines shipped out asap.
Computers:
Macbook Pro: 17in, 2.16Ghz, 120GB HD, 1.5 GB ram.
iBook G4: 1.07Ghz, 60GB HD, 756mb ram (on sale for parts)

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2006, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by MacG33k
Listen, the shortage is created artificially by Apple. Having the perceived shortage, it keeps the margin high and their stock price rising(it's been taking some beating lately). Sony has been doing this for years and now it's being deployed by Microsoft with Xbox 360 and Apple. It's also creates buzz (take a look at the number of posts in this subject) for their new product and makes it possible for Steve Jobs to say that the response to the new product has been phenominal to a point that they can't keep up with the demand. Really, do you guys here really think that they can't manufacture enough? Give me a break.
i dont think anyone said that CANT make enough... but people have said they HAVENT made enough, which is true. while i am sure it makes you feel good to say what we all already know as if we didnt. it still doesnt change the fact that havent made enough, and they should make enough. but apple may or may not actually give in and make us more macbooks.

i enjoy following this thread because it helps me to know what date orders have shipped. as for as i can gather, all the early jan orders have shipped and the mid to late jan orders are shipping or have shipped. i have not heard of any orders first placed in feb. shipping (not counting upgrades to orders placed in jan.)

anyway, i am off to watch paint dry while i wait for the feb orders to start shipping.
Computers:

schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2006, 04:30 PM

Most of ya are so lucky to receive yours by late Feb. early March. I ordered mine four days ago and it won't be here till mid to late March.
[snip]
.............the wait is killing me
It looks like I'll have gotten mine around 2 months from my order (like many others). You're going to get yours in half that time. Welcome to the club
iMac Late '15 5K 27" 4.0 Quad i7 24/512GB SSD OWC ThunderDock 2 Blu-Ray ±RW MBP '14 Retina 15" 2.6 16/1TB iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black iPad Pro 128 + Cellular

FOR SALE: MP '06 Yosemite 8x3.0 24/240GB SSD RAID 0, 240GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD RAID 0, 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray±RW, Radeon HD 5770

wowway1
Forum Regular
Feb 25, 2006, 04:54 PM

there is nothing racist in saying you want you shipped to you faster, or in allowing someone else to complain about that. nor is it racist to note that these things are made and shipped from china, because these puters not american or japanese, they are made in china, by cheap labor and shipped to other places at a profit to apple. its a fact. if you would like to have a discussion about labor practices i would be more than happy too, but this is not the place.

anyway, noting that these things are made in china, lets hire some more chinese workers and get these machines shipped out asap.
Or at least pull some of them out of the WoW gold farms...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Timetheus
Forum Regular
Feb 25, 2006, 09:24 PM

I agree that Apple may be holding back as a strategy, but they can't just pull these things from the sky (or labor, for that matter).

A. components are made by MANY different people (an Intel Chip/chipset, ATI GPU, Hitachi HD/DVD, Hynix RAM, and numerous other contractors). and they all have to be brought together and assembled to make a MBP work *shock.* This creates a constant supply issue.

B. It takes time to hire and train and hire people, many of whom would have to be fired after demand subsides (in between releases).

C. Apple is limited by the scale of it's facilities - you can't just "magic" together computers in a cardboard box. Expanding these facilities requires money and time -which would likely expand the delay - and run Apple into the ground, which no one here really wants.

D. They have A LOT of orders to fill - A LOT of orders.

We weren't even supposed to have Intel Macs until June - this is early, and thus a development triumph, IMO.

So calm down, let Apple do it's thing, we'll all have our computers soon enough.

Btw, Steve warned us of this in his keynote - it really was inevitable.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Feb 25, 2006, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Timetheus
C. Apple is limited by the scale of it's facilities - you can't just "magic" together computers in a cardboard box. Expanding these facilities requires money and time -which would likely expand the delay - and run Apple into the ground, which no one here really wants.
Apple owns zero of the facilities that assemble Macs.

ender78
Feb 26, 2006, 12:35 AM

Those of us that bought within minutes/hours of the keynote were rewarded. Try to buy a house and see if the builder is not 3-4 MONTHS off target.

schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2006, 12:51 AM

Not me, apparently. I did upgrade to the 2.16 though...still wondering why mine hasn't shipped while others did (the order was converted, not cancelled/replaced). I realize your comment was just for an example, but my house was built to the day we planned.
iMac Late '15 5K 27" 4.0 Quad i7 24/512GB SSD OWC ThunderDock 2 Blu-Ray ±RW MBP '14 Retina 15" 2.6 16/1TB iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black iPad Pro 128 + Cellular

FOR SALE: MP '06 Yosemite 8x3.0 24/240GB SSD RAID 0, 240GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD RAID 0, 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray±RW, Radeon HD 5770

UltimaLaw
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2006, 01:38 AM

just ordered mine today, 3-4 weeks to ship. went with the 1.83, cant wait for it to get here. welcome me to the waitlist!!!!
15" Macbook Pro w/ Retina / 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 / 16 GB DDR3 Memory / 256 GB SSD / Backlit Keyboard / OSX El Capitan
Apple iPhone 6+ / 64GB (Silver) / Wi-Fi and AT&T LTE / Apple iPad 3rd Generation / 64GB Wi-Fi
New Apple TV 32GB / New Touchpad Remote / Netflix and Entire App Store (TWiT, YouTube, WatchESPN, TV Networks, Etc.)
Apple iPad Pro / 12.9" Retina Touchscreen / A9X Chip / 4-Speaker High-Fidelity Sound / Smart Keyboard Pro / Apple Pencil

TheBum
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2006, 02:07 AM

I just ordered a 2.0 GHz MBP yesterday from Amazon.com. My estimated shipping date is April 25, but that's what I get for trying to save a boatload of money (more than $350 after rebate and sales tax savings). I'm hoping it's a case where Amazon is just hedging their bets, since they apparently haven't even received their initial shipment (it's still showing "Not yet released" on their web site).

Until yesterday, I wasn't even considering getting a Rev. A MBP, but a trip to the local Apple Store changed my mind.

Rumz
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2006, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by schalliol
Not me, apparently. I did upgrade to the 2.16 though...still wondering why mine hasn't shipped while others did (the order was converted, not cancelled/replaced). I realize your comment was just for an example, but my house was built to the day we planned.
II thought I remember one person saying they had ordered their 2.16 on the 14th of Feb (cancelled their other order and re-ordered) and recieved it already. I did the same (cancelled and ordered a 2.16) which moved my date out 3-4 weeks-- I wonder if it was a fluke that someone who ordered on Feb 14 got theirs already.

Karim
Senior User
Feb 26, 2006, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Rumz
II thought I remember one person saying they had ordered their 2.16 on the 14th of Feb (cancelled their other order and re-ordered) and recieved it already. I did the same (cancelled and ordered a 2.16) which moved my date out 3-4 weeks-- I wonder if it was a fluke that someone who ordered on Feb 14 got theirs already.
I cancelled my keynote 1.83 (2.0) on the morning of Feb 14th and replaced it with a new 2.16. Got the call from Apple that it would be middle of March for it to arrive.... Have been using it since it arrived last Tuesday the 21st. It is very fast (replaced a 1.67 17") and has no issues and no bad pixels.

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2006, 05:01 AM

C. Apple is limited by the scale of it's facilities

So calm down, let Apple do it's thing.
The word you are looking for is "its," not "it's." "It's" is a contraction that means "it is." There is no other meaning for "it's." "Its" is a word that indicates posession -- which would be the correct word to use in both of the cases above.
MacBook Pro 15" -- 2.2Ghz, 4GB, 200GB 7200rpm
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

thephotodork
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2006, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by John123
The word you are looking for is "its," not "it's." "It's" is a contraction that means "it is." There is no other meaning for "it's." "Its" is a word that indicates posession -- which would be the correct word to use in both of the cases above.
i really think that its not really important if MacNN forum posts are or arent grammatically correct. in fact, apple and it's facilities are more the topic of this thread than an its vs. it's discussion.
PowerBook G4 12-inch 1.0GHz ComboDrive; Mac OS X (10.4.5); 100GB 5400-RPM
(Dreaming of a 2.0GHz Orp KoobCam)

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 26, 2006, 07:19 AM

So I had a chance to play w/ the MBP for the first time and tried out this two finger/hand scroll on the touchpad. Maybe I wasn't using it right, but it scrolled kind of unevenly. I stood there for 30 minutes trying all kinds of random stuff, it was fun

Oddly enough, not many people were looking at it. I was expecting an assload of people crowding around it and wanting to "feel" on it. Most of 'em were looking at Ipod accessories and other things, the whole laptop area was sorta empty ahahah, weird.

Coming from a decked out PC desktop, I was quite impressed how fast the MBP booted up. It's not fast, but it is definitely quick when compared to my computer. I also started running an assload of programs in a few seconds and it gladly ran through its paces with it, very smooth transitions.

Oh, the Magsafe, wow, that thing is pretty strong for its size, lol.

The screen wasn't bad. Bright like most people said, but I thought it lacked a tiny bit of sharpness compared to similarly priced laptops w/ the glossy surface. But nothing major.

If you intend on buying the 17" MBP, you better have some serious space, the 15.4" really is the sweet spot.

The feel of the laptop was very solid, thus well built

In terms of size, it did have a bit of "wideness" to it, but wider is better since I wouldn't want my hands squeezed together to type. Is it slim? O YA.

But there's one thing I wish it came with, a plastic cover of some sort for all the plugs on the right hand side. When I looked at it from the side, I saw all these openings and it wasn't aestheticlly pleasing. I sure hope someone comes out w/ some so it wouldn't ruin its already near perfect looks.

Btw, I'm a first time switcher from PC that i've used for over 20 years ago.

Would I feel sexy using it? O yes. Would the ladies think you're hawt using it? O yes.
( Last edited by n8236; Feb 26, 2006 at 07:26 AM. )

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2006, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by thephotodork
i really think that its not really important if MacNN forum posts are or arent grammatically correct. in fact, apple and it's facilities are more the topic of this thread than an its vs. it's discussion.
I didn't invite a discussion. There is nothing to discuss. I made a correction since, to me and others like me, recurring grammatical errors make posts more difficult to read and detract from the authors' intent. Grammatically correct posts (or at least posts that don't make really basic and fundamental errors) open the door for us all to have a more productive discussion.
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

Commodus
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2006, 01:10 PM

But there's one thing I wish it came with, a plastic cover of some sort for all the plugs on the right hand side. When I looked at it from the side, I saw all these openings and it wasn't aestheticlly pleasing. I sure hope someone comes out w/ some so it wouldn't ruin its already near perfect looks.
I don't know, I think the MBP (and PowerBooks') side ports are fine. They're certainly better than many Windows-based manufacturers' laptops, where you'll often have ports that jut out or were obviously tacked on to someone else's design (see: much of Dell's current line).
24-inch iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2006, 02:13 PM

I didn't invite a discussion. There is nothing to discuss. I made a correction since, to me and others like me, recurring grammatical errors make posts more difficult to read and detract from the authors' intent. Grammatically correct posts (or at least posts that don't make really basic and fundamental errors) open the door for us all to have a more productive discussion.
only on the internet will you see someone use run-on sentences when correcting someone else's grammar. its like , sorry didnt mean to interrupt. go on about your bussiness

So I had a chance to play w/ the MBP for the first time and tried out this two finger/hand scroll on the touchpad. Maybe I wasn't using it right, but it scrolled kind of unevenly. I stood there for 30 minutes trying all kinds of random stuff, it was fun

Oddly enough, not many people were looking at it. I was expecting an assload of people crowding around it and wanting to "feel" on it. Most of 'em were looking at Ipod accessories and other things, the whole laptop area was sorta empty ahahah, weird.

Coming from a decked out PC desktop, I was quite impressed how fast the MBP booted up. It's not fast, but it is definitely quick when compared to my computer. I also started running an assload of programs in a few seconds and it gladly ran through its paces with it, very smooth transitions.

Oh, the Magsafe, wow, that thing is pretty strong for its size, lol.

The screen wasn't bad. Bright like most people said, but I thought it lacked a tiny bit of sharpness compared to similarly priced laptops w/ the glossy surface. But nothing major.

If you intend on buying the 17" MBP, you better have some serious space, the 15.4" really is the sweet spot.

The feel of the laptop was very solid, thus well built

In terms of size, it did have a bit of "wideness" to it, but wider is better since I wouldn't want my hands squeezed together to type. Is it slim? O YA.

Btw, I'm a first time switcher from PC that i've used for over 20 years ago.

Would I feel sexy using it? O yes. Would the ladies think you're hawt using it? O yes.
i have been afraid to go soho store for fear of crowds. but if it will be like that i may head out soon. because i want to feel the MBP for myself you know.

i am glad and impressed that you are were that impressed.
Computers:

Timetheus
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2006, 02:14 PM

This is why Word has spell and grammer check.

BTW, I'm a freshman in college who passed two AP English tests and served as an editor on my high school newspaper. I'm well aware of the rule, sometimes we all make mistakes.

Timetheus
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2006, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by mduell
Apple owns zero of the facilities that assemble Macs.
Fair enough, but the principle is the same - Apple can only manufacture as many Macs as their contractor's facilities allow.

IT'S simple really

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2006, 03:37 PM

only on the internet will you see someone use run-on sentences when correcting someone else's grammar. its like , sorry didnt mean to interrupt. go on about your bussiness
Unfortunately, the laugh's on you. What I typed wasn't a run-on sentence. It was a lengthy sentence, perhaps, but not a run-on. A run-on sentence joins two or more complete sentences with no punctuation. Imagine two complete sentences not separated by a semicolon or a period -- that's a run-on.

P.S. It's "business."
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2006, 03:39 PM

This is why Word has spell and grammer check.

BTW, I'm a freshman in college who passed two AP English tests and served as an editor on my high school newspaper. I'm well aware of the rule, sometimes we all make mistakes.
Please tell me you were trying to be funny with grammEr and the comma splice above...
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

cms
Senior User
Feb 26, 2006, 03:45 PM

Erm...what does this have to do with delivery dates for MacBook Pros? Perhaps you should take your little spat outside or, at the very least, to the Lounge.

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2006, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by cms
Erm...what does this have to do with delivery dates for MacBook Pros? Perhaps you should take your little spat outside or, at the very least, to the Lounge.
Nothing, and you are right -- we should get back on-topic. I was just trying to make a correction to help the first fellow out. I didn't expect that so many people would object to my advocacy of correct grammar.

As for my own ship dates, I ordered on 2/20 from Amazon and have an estimated delivery date of 4/25.
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

Star-Fire
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 26, 2006, 04:04 PM

How is stock at the apple stores, I am assuming they have them in-stock in the standard configurations.

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2006, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Star-Fire
How is stock at the apple stores, I am assuming they have them in-stock in the standard configurations.
Unfortunately, not really. When I inquired earlier this week out of curiosity, they estimated 2 weeks. Of course, who knows whether that fellow really knew or was just taking a guess.
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

Timetheus
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2006, 07:55 PM

Please tell me you were trying to be funny with grammEr and the comma splice above...

Believe it or not, most people don't capitalize Es mid-word.

You're right, it should have been a dash or new sentence, not a comma.

Anyway, I'll shut up about it now.

I think the wait is getting to us both.

Timetheus
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2006, 08:00 PM

Oh, btw, has anyone recieved order confirmation for a 1.83 (after the upgrade) ordered after Jan. 20th?

I ordered on the 25th.

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2006, 08:30 PM

You're right, it should have been a dash or new sentence, not a comma.

Anyway, I'll shut up about it now.

I think the wait is getting to us both.
(Sigh) -- My point was that the word is properly spelled with an "a" -- grammar -- not grammer.
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2006, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by schalliol
Have you called Apple to find out what the holdup is?
--
Aristotle
15" rMBP 2.7 Ghz ,16GB, 768GB SSD, 64GB iPhone 5 S⃣ 128GB iPad Air LTE

schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2006, 11:50 PM

I haven't, as my understanding is that once it's in the system, that's the order and the order works as is. That said, if it doesn't ship on the 28th, I'm totally calling my rep.

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 27, 2006, 03:14 AM

So here's a somewhat different spin on this topic:

I'd like to know who here placed the earliest order with Apple that has yet to be fulfilled. For example, are there any folks who ordered a stock configuration the day of the keynote who have not yet received them? What about the week of?
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

zac4mac
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2006, 09:24 AM

Finally!!! My 2.0 w/ 100GB 7200rpm HDD has left China and is on its way.

Schalliol - call Apple and make sure your upgrade order isn't stuck in the system. Mine was and so I dropped back to a 2.0 last week and it just shipped..
The rep said the request to go to 2.16 was sent, but no answer was ever received..

Original order 1.83 jan 10@11:15am PST
upgraded order to 2.16 right after speed bumps announced
Dropped back to 2.0 after talking to reps again 2/21
( Last edited by zac4mac; Feb 27, 2006 at 12:41 PM. )

myrddincox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2006, 10:00 AM

So here's a somewhat different spin on this topic:

I'd like to know who here placed the earliest order with Apple that has yet to be fulfilled. For example, are there any folks who ordered a stock configuration the day of the keynote who have not yet received them? What about the week of?

Ordered the system below on Jan 12. Still no word... Similar systems ordered much later have shipped

2.0GHz Intel Core Duo/256MB
2GB 667 DDR2- 2x1GB SO-DIMMs
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)
BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS
Airport Extreme Card&BT

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2006, 11:33 AM

Game, set and match to John.

silverbullet
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2006, 12:01 PM

I ordered my 1.67 (now 1.83) MBP on Jan 24th.
I now have an estimated ship date of March 8th, no word yet on early shipping.

but with others having theirs shipped a week early i'm hoping that march 1st it will ship out (which would be a week early)

In the meantime "Go team waitlist!"

dec
Feb 27, 2006, 12:43 PM

Mine has made it to amsterdam as of this morning.
Shipped from shanghai on the 22nd. 2.0ghz model ordered on the 25th Jan.
Maybe im getting free weed as an apple bonus.

Daniel Bayer
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 27, 2006, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by dec
Mine has made it to amsterdam as of this morning.
Shipped from shanghai on the 22nd. 2.0ghz model ordered on the 25th Jan.
Maybe im getting free weed as an apple bonus.
Sweet! Little nuggets of NL#5 in all those little egg holder holes in the packaging..
"I'll take a extra layer of ram on that
gigaflop sandwich mister"

silverbullet
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2006, 12:47 PM

Oh right
Mine is CTO (1GB of ram and 100GB 7200HDD)
Shipping to Canada

Ordered 24th jan

CincyGamer
Feb 27, 2006, 02:29 PM

Feb 14 order - still has 2+ weeks to go.. March 16. The natives are getting restless... Its like on Office Space, where Milton is passing around cake and everyone gets one put him. (The cake runs out). So, you are wondering why didnt you order sooner? Cause Apple got me by the ballz.. I am a ADC developer and the timing of the Intel machines fell just after my membership ended, so I had to scrounge up the money to renew etc..

Timetheus
Forum Regular
Feb 27, 2006, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullet
I ordered my 1.67 (now 1.83) MBP on Jan 24th.
I now have an estimated ship date of March 8th, no word yet on early shipping.

but with others having theirs shipped a week early i'm hoping that march 1st it will ship out (which would be a week early)

In the meantime "Go team waitlist!"
I ordered the same config on the 25th and have that same "ship by" date. I was hoping for today or tomorrow - but March 1st will work... I guess...

I noticed that my first ship date (the 24th), was nine days after the earliest ship date (the 15th) before the upgrade. My current date (the 8th) is also nine days after the earliest "post- upgrade" estimated date (the 28th). So maybe Apple is saying "It'll ship nine days after the first ones," In which case it should be today or tomorrow. I hope...

btw, could somebody please proofread this post for me? Apparently my grammAr and reading comprehension skills need a little work yet.... I blame Microsoft (always a good answer) - Word has made me lazy...

terigox
Forum Regular
Feb 27, 2006, 03:02 PM

I ordered the same config on the 25th and have that same "ship by" date. I was hoping for today or tomorrow - but March 1st will work... I guess...

I noticed that my first ship date (the 24th), was nine days after the earliest ship date (the 15th) before the upgrade. My current date (the 8th) is also nine days after the earliest estimated date (the 28th). So maybe Apple is saying "It'll ship nine days after the first ones" In which it should be today or tomorrow. I hope...

btw, could somebody please proofread this post for me? Apparently my grammAr and reading comprehension skills need a little work yet.... I blame Microsoft (always a good answer) - Word has made me lazy...
Lol Timetheus,

I ordered 5 days after you on the 30th, so according to your theory, I should ship Friday... that makes me very happy

silverbullet
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2006, 03:27 PM

I agree with that theory, i'm just hoping it applies to CTO's as well.

myrddincox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2006, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullet
I agree with that theory, i'm just hoping it applies to CTO's as well.
Sure hasn't applied to my CTO

terigox
Forum Regular
Feb 27, 2006, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by myrddincox
Sure hasn't applied to my CTO
Sorry for the ignorace folks... are the CTO's the default options or a customized option?

EDIT: nevermind mine is a "CTO" as well, whatever it means, I'm assuming a customized configuration

Forum Links
Forum Rules