Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac G4 - White screen after sleep in Leopard 10.5 with GeForce GPU?

iMac G4 - White screen after sleep in Leopard 10.5 with GeForce GPU?
Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 25, 2009, 09:52 AM

I've been thinking of picking up a cheap iMac G4 just to play around with... but only if I can run Leopard 10.5 on it. I know that machines less than 867 MHz cannot get Leopard installed without a hack, but Leopard runs perfectly fine on my Cube G4 450 (with GeForce 6200).

However, I have read some reports that the iMac G4s with older GeForce 2 or GeForce 4 GPUs (supported or unsupported in Leopard) had a strange white screen issue after waking from sleep, requiring a reboot.
Originally Posted by Teh intarnets
Some Leopard users have reported problems with G4 iMacs that have GeForce2 or GeForce4 graphics. When the system wakes from sleep, the screen will be completely white, making the computer unusable. The only solution at present is to restart the iMac.
Has this been fixed? If so, does that fix work also with 700 and 800 MHz iMac G4s?

Eug  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 25, 2009, 10:08 AM

Hmmm... Leopard Assist's website says support for the early flat panel iMacs is "uncertain", but doesn't explain it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules