Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Can't Delete Events or Calendars in iCal

Can't Delete Events or Calendars in iCal
eimeria
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2009, 02:47 PM

I just started running into problems with iCal on all of my computers. I have iCal (v 3.0.6) running on OS 10.5.6 on several different computers. I use MobileMe to sync the computers and my iPhone 3G.

Yesterday, I got a warning saying there were 240 conflicts between "My Mac" and iCal. I looked at a couple and found that the only difference was the timezone floating offset. It seemed like most of the problems were in one calendar (a calendar containing the schedule of my fav sports team). I decided to delete one of the events and reset it up with the correct timezone setting. After deleting it, it reappeared in about 5 seconds. I tried again and abracadabra SHAZAAM! The deleted event reappeared. I then tried deleting the whole calendar and within 5 seconds ... the calendar reappeared.

I tried restoring from a backup calendar made earlier in the day and the same thing happened. Deleted the com.apple.ical plist and problem persisted. Checked the other computers and they are also saying there are conflicts and 96 new events. I haven't accepted any of them.

Checked the apple discussion boards and there are two other people with the same problems, but no one with any ideas on how to fix. Wanted to see if anyone here is having the same problem or has any ideas on how to fix.

TIA!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules