Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Ti video out

Ti video out
trevj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 8, 2001, 08:04 PM

I am awaiting delivery of a Ti laptop (500MHz/20GB). Could anybody tell me whether the video out port allows for hookup of a standard second monitor or is it one of the new digital ports? Will I be able to attach my 17" CRT Apple monitor without need of any special adaptors?

Avenir
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2001, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by trevj:
<STRONG>I am awaiting delivery of a Ti laptop (500MHz/20GB). Could anybody tell me whether the video out port allows for hookup of a standard second monitor or is it one of the new digital ports? Will I be able to attach my 17" CRT Apple monitor without need of any special adaptors?</STRONG>
Video out is a standard VGA Port. If you 17" is a DVI or ADC monitor, you're out of luck. If it's VGA (like every other monitor on the planet, just about), then you're fine. There's also S-video out, if for some reason you do need that (as well as composite video).

spike[at]avenirex[dot]com | Avenirex
IM - Avenirx | ICQ - 3932806

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2001, 01:24 AM

If it's one of the Mac adapters from the non-translucent days, you're out of luck, as the TiBook will need an adapter to connect to the bigger monitor cable. If it's from the translucent days, you'll be fine.

Tzaar
Aug 10, 2001, 07:30 AM

It should come with an adapter (maybe I'm wrong, can't remember if mine did) but I have a couple sitting around if you need one. Just email me at [email protected] if you need one. I also have a 17 CRT studio display hooked up to my ti, and it works better than great. Just remeber that you have to keep the resolution at 1024x768 on the external and keep the colors at thousands. Keep in mind, once you use it with an external, you'll never want to go back! Are you going to use it as a mirrow or an extension?

Tzaar

Forum Links
Forum Rules