Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > OSX.1 stalls - or is it Wacom?

OSX.1 stalls - or is it Wacom?
ervier
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 21, 2001, 11:54 AM

My system stalls now and then for about 5 - 10 seconds. I've also had one complete stall, which eventually lead me to press the reset-button.

I believe it has to do with the wacom drivers for OSX.1, but I'm not sure because I installed the drivers one day after installing OSX.1. What are your expierences with the wacom drivers. Or - if you haven't installed them - does your system stall too once in a while?
"Chance is irrelevant. We will succeed."
== 7 of 9 ==

reactor
Oct 21, 2001, 12:35 PM

I have the same thing.
But I had 10.1 running some time before I installed the Wacom tablet driver, and the OS didn't have the pointer hanging than.
Wacom will have this sorted out soon enough, I guess.

Met vriendelijke groet,
if there were no Mac
it would be necessary to invent one

trevj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 21, 2001, 07:01 PM

I've experienced the same short cursor freezes in 10.1 with the Wacom tablet. I don't know for sure, but I suspected the problem involved Microsoft Entourage. I think the brief cursor freeze may be caused whenever Entourage checks for e-mail. However, I haven't done any serious troubleshooting to determine if there is a definite connection between Wacom's driver and Entourage. It's only suspected so far.

Forum Links
Forum Rules