Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Quick EyeTV question

Quick EyeTV question
boardsurfer
Feb 26, 2005, 12:52 AM

Short version:
Where is the eyetv folder with all your shows located?

Long version:
I have an Eyehome that reads from the Movies folder, and I have a bunch of TV shows (not from an EyeTV) that I dont want to put in the Movies folder. So I created an EyeTV folder in my user folder next to the movies folder, put a tv show in it, but the Eyehome doesnt see it. So, is that the correct location for the Eyetv folder?

edit: just wanted to add that the tv show is the proper format, as it plays from the movies folder just fine. I just want it to show up in the Eyetv menu instead.

TIA

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2005, 10:32 AM

In order for a movie to show up in the EyeTV listing, it must be in EyeTV--in the EyeTV programs window. If the TV show has been saved outside of EyeTV, and deleted from EyeTV Programs, it will not show up there anymore. I don't know of a simple way to add it back, other than rerecording it.

All EyeTV programs are stored in a folder called "EyeTV Archive".

hab
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2005, 02:57 PM

For EyeTV, �EyeTV Archive Location� is set in the Storage pane of EyeTV Preferences. You can change this location to other directories, even an external hard drive in Preferences. When you move a TV program (a folder that contains 4 files, minimum) from the designated storage location, EyeTV can no longer �see� the file. You can drag the program folder back to the Archive location, relaunch EyeTV, and the program will become �visible� within EyeTV again. I do not know how EyeHome interacts with EyeTV however.
21.5" iMac 2.7GHz i5; 15" FP iMac 0.8GHz G4, iPhone 5S

boardsurfer  (op)
Feb 28, 2005, 09:12 PM

thanks guys

Forum Links
Forum Rules