Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Internet sharing in OS10.2 - is this possible???

Internet sharing in OS10.2 - is this possible???
ichad
Aug 28, 2002, 06:36 AM

Hi -
I don't have Airport but do have an ethernet hub and bluetooth adapters.
I've tried to use NetShareX from Sustworks but failed! Has anyone had any luck or can think of any soloution with the following specs.

PowerBook 667 and a PowerMac 466, both with 10.2.1 and ethernet and bluetooth adapters installed.

cheers

Evangellydonut
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2002, 01:38 PM

yes, X.2 has built-in internet sharing...u just gotta search around the bbs to find out how...or maybe someone's nice enough to re-direct u to a link ^_^; (I just glanced a the post at one of the 3 bbs i frequent, so no clue where i saw it...gomen)
G4/450, T-bird 1.05GHz, iBook 500, iBook 233...4 different machines, 4 different OSes...(9, 2k, X.1, YDL2.2 respectively) PiA to maintain...

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Aug 28, 2002, 02:29 PM

In 10.2, just go to System Preferences -> Sharing, and click on the Internet Sharing tab.

tooki

peterlbk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 30, 2002, 04:42 AM

You can always setup internet sharing. there is an excellent tool for the setup that can be found on versiontracker.com

it is called Airport Software Base Station Tutorial, check it out here: http://www.versiontracker.com/morein...d=13335&db=mac

Works smooth nice fast and is free...

ichad  (op)
Aug 30, 2002, 06:04 AM

Originally posted by tooki:
In 10.2, just go to System Preferences -> Sharing, and click on the Internet Sharing tab.

tooki
Tooki - this is awesome!
After giving up on my ADSL non-supported modem in 10.2, I reverted to the internal modem dialup, one click and BINGO, I was web-sharing instantly with my other mac. This is seriously going to cut hours if not days out of networking for the future.

Forum Links
Forum Rules