Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Hardware Hacking > Ca$h, attention!!! about mezzanine and else...dare and not read...

Ca$h, attention!!! about mezzanine and else...dare and not read...
Crimson
Forum Regular
May 3, 2001, 07:31 AM

Hiya!

Have you found the needed information yet?? I' searching for it also...I have rev. D unmodded ( yet... ), planned mods...OC to 400, add floppy, maybe ADB...HD will also be upgraded, CD-RW added as slave under the HD...help me out on mezz. subject, will you guys?

Crimson

PeteL999
Mac Enthusiast
May 3, 2001, 01:59 PM

ca$h isnt here anymore
Are you or are you not the black angel of death

Kevlar
May 3, 2001, 08:15 PM

Where did Cash go???
Intel iMac 1.8
Logitech Mx 7000
Firewave
Logitech z-5300 5.1

sine -''-..-
Grizzled Veteran
Location: meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meo
May 3, 2001, 11:20 PM

meh, it seems all the infamous readers leave this fourms eventually... ca$h sure held out longer than wlonh tho

0_o

sine -''-..-

now known as pillowcase

gorefan68
Banned
May 4, 2001, 02:22 AM

Not sure what you're asking, and I'm kinda loopey right now.

Anywa, mezzanine connector came on rev A & B iMacs. The >BEST< thing to do is to find someone with a rev A or B (they're all BONDI) iMac that isn't performance oriented and switch mobos with them. That way you get the mezz connector installed on the mobo. If not, Captain Zed I believe found a source for them. Anyway, they're a PCI connector (electronically identical) only smaller, so you can attached any PCI card with that connector (only one available though).....

which would be the Voodoo2 microconversions 8 meg card. tis an AWESOME card, and well worht 100 dollars. The difference is AMAZING. Runs games great. Any other questions, just ask.

- Ca$h

PS: Someone let me know if this guy asks questions as I don't come here anymore.

Crimson  (op)
Forum Regular
May 4, 2001, 08:08 AM

Hi!

Anyone with info, please mail me at [email protected]
I read the board, did some searches, and ordered some parts from molex (samples), I'll just have to wait and see what comes up...

Crimson

sKP
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2001, 07:37 PM

I can replace Ca$h if u want hehe seeing as I have an iMac rev b overclocked to 300mhz with an internal CD-R drive and Voodoo 2
so ya, if you have a Rev D, then forget about the Mezz. slot because you don't have one, they're only in rev a & b's

Kali
May 5, 2001, 08:16 PM

What are you lot on !!?? and where can I get some !!!

Kali

zac4mac
Mac Elite
May 6, 2001, 08:59 PM

Rev C&D still have the circuit, just no socket on the MoBo. You have to source and install one. MoBo soldering is a bitch, so find someone who knows what they're doing.

Hang in there Ca$h, but dump the Neon.

------------------

Crimson  (op)
Forum Regular
May 7, 2001, 10:11 AM

Ya, Mobo has no socket, but place...and yea, it's a bitch to solder...gotta be gas-solder, not the ordinary...well, at least I will slave cdrw on hd and add that floppy so i can finally rid myself from lacie (they officially suck-my rw case got busted on sw-update, it took their tech support 2 months to answer, and still they had no clue what had happened...my friend checked out some things and came to conclusion on the facts: power supply 2 small for the drive, and some programmable logic missing (required) software...) also, gonna jump up to 400

Forum Links
Forum Rules