Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Can't get my Powerbook G4 to charge

Can't get my Powerbook G4 to charge
lau_lau_lau
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2006, 03:48 AM

Hi all,

My powerbook is behaving very strangely. Firstly the charging light would occasionally go off, and eventually stopped coming on at all (ie not charging). I assumed the charger had gone, and bought a new one (they're pretty pricy! £55 for a cable.) But now it's behaving even more oddly than ever.

When it's off, it appears to charge, but the light forever stays orange, and even after a whole night of charging it only gets to around 80% full. The other weird thing is that when it's on, if I plug in the charger, the light comes on green for about half a second, switches to orange, and then after 2 seconds fades away! Weirdest of all is that it will do this even if the charger isn't on at the mains! (but not if it's not plugged in.) I did a quick google and reset the power manager but this didnt do anything.

I can't make head nor tail of this. Anyone had similar issues or fixes? Help would be much appreciated.

LadyBlue
Jun 5, 2006, 09:40 PM

I would think it was the battery. Probably cant hold the charge anymore.
I <3 Macs!

Forum Links
Forum Rules