Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > Macs in What Women Want movie released yest.

Macs in What Women Want movie released yest.
tpitts1
Forum Regular
Dec 16, 2000, 01:58 PM

My wife and I went and saw What Women Want yesterday with Mel Gibson, and Helen Hunt.

I saw many Macs, If I remember correctly I saw at least 4 variations during the movie.

1. Mel Gibson uses a PowerBook (you have got to love the big, white Apple on the cover.

2. There is a graphite monitor being used in the main office work area(this is what I spotted first)

3. The CEO or main boss(played a MASH character) had an 15 in. older style LCD display, not like the current version.

4. Mel Gibson's daughter has an iBook in her room, but I only saw it once.

jlbanker
Forum Regular
Dec 16, 2000, 04:23 PM

I don't think there was a seen in the movie without a Mac... I even saw my other favorite... the rubik snake. When people ask my if I liked the movie I have to say it is great. Any way I can support Macs I will .

Joshua
Mac Elite
Dec 17, 2000, 04:53 PM

In Helen Hunt's office in the movie there also appears to be an unopened box to either the new 15" or 22" LCD. I couldn't tell which one. She also had the older 15" LCD behind her desk.

Definitely a Mac filled movie!

Josh
Safe in the womb of an everlasting night
You find the darkness can give the brightest light.

dbot
Dec 17, 2000, 04:57 PM

most movies made in hollywood are full of macs...hollywood has always shown love to apple... :-)

Forum Links
Forum Rules