Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Palin stepping down

Palin stepping down (Page 5)
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 28, 2009, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
Meh, it doesn't bother me one way or the other if she decides to run. I am just stating it from my perspective. Should she seem to be better than the other candidate come the next election, her up and quitting from the Governor's seat would weigh heavily in my mind as it would provide doubt about whether she could handle the criticism of being the President.
Please remember that I am not of the Democrats/Liberals that are hoping she runs for the next term. I am as much Democrat/Liberal as I am Republican/Conservative if that helps.
I actually had you pegged a bit right of center. Like I said, if she's serious and plays her cards right there won't be anything about the next two years that could be categorized as "quitter" or "avoiding criticism". In fact, it appears she could be positioning herself for more personal attacks and actually have the funds, the time, and ability to fight back.

Personally, I think she's too weak to be a national figure, but not because of the popular "quitter" tag. I don't think the whole "quitter!" thing will stick frankly. Her problem is she'll never perform well in a debate. She's still too scripted and awkward in her oratory no matter how prepared. She may be a decent supporting role in getting Republicans into office in 2010.

Dana Perino on the other hand...
ebuddy

stumblinmike
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2009, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
It goes way beyond looks adamfishercox. I suggested that stumblinmike was the voice of Democrats and progressives. This was wrong and I apologize to the reasonable left.

I did not post the pic of Dana Perino solely because she is attractive. stumblinmike predictably seized upon the path of least intellectual resistance, hit 'Submit Reply', and I'm the subject of your rebuke for responding in kind. I can't expect you to have read the entire context of our discussion, but whether it is you reacting in a biased fashion or missing half the conversation does not matter.

Either way you're not a credible witness to the conversation.
Sure, blame me for your sexist contribution. Typical wingnut "character". How about owning up to it and apologizing to all you've offended?

andi*pandi
Jul 28, 2009, 11:21 AM

ebuddy, start a new thread on Dana Perino. I'm interested in woman candidates, just not Sarah Palin. Tell me more. Does she really care about women's issues? And does she deliver anything beyond those issues?

If Sarah hates the media so much, she should stop throwing press conferences.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Jul 28, 2009, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by stumblinmike View Post
Typical wingnut "character". How about owning up to it and apologizing to all you've offended?
charity begins at home

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 28, 2009, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by stumblinmike View Post
Sure, blame me for your sexist contribution. Typical wingnut "character". How about owning up to it and apologizing to all you've offended?
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Political War Lounge, I apologize for getting to stumblinmike as this has only compelled him to respond to me. Any such thread in which he participates will invariably end up as this one has; watching him implode. Head first.

Don't take my word for it. Let his use of the big grins and laughing emoticons in the next post indicate how badly the cogs are jammed.
ebuddy

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 28, 2009, 07:36 PM

Did anyone catch The Shat's rendition of her farewell speech?

William Shatner Makes Palin's Speech Into Poetry (VIDEO)

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 28, 2009, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
ebuddy, start a new thread on Dana Perino. I'm interested in woman candidates, just not Sarah Palin. Tell me more. Does she really care about women's issues? And does she deliver anything beyond those issues?
Well... unfortunately she's not a candidate. If something breaks, I'll keep you posted. As it stands now, I'm hoping Palin does an effective job of getting Republicans elected, then writes a book discussing why she'll not be running for President.
ebuddy

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 1, 2009, 06:24 PM

There is a new rumor from one (and only one that I can find) source that claims the Palins are divorcing:
The Immoral Minority: Exclusive! Sarah and Todd Palin are Splitsville!
Sarah's spokesperson denied it on.... Facebook
Sarah Palin: No Truth to Latest Rumors | Facebook

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2009, 12:00 AM

Well it's probably true. Everyone knows you can't be a successful Republican without getting divorced.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2009, 12:19 AM

I just watched the farewell speech. Damn, it is amazing how incomprehensible she was at times.

Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2009, 01:32 AM

It was always a poem.

kylef
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 2, 2009, 08:39 AM

Has there ever been a Republican-woman challenging for the Presidency? That's a deadly combination that could, in some bizarre and distorted way, somehow be appealing to the American people.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2009, 02:14 PM

Elizabeth Dole 2000. Crashed and burned.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2009, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Elizabeth Dole 2000. Crashed and burned.
She never made to the first primaries, lack of funds.
45/47

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 4, 2009, 10:47 PM

High Risk, High Reward

John McCain Was Looking for a Way to Shake Up His Campaign. He Took a Surprising Gamble on a Relative Unknown.

she's a dream come true

Forum Links
Forum Rules