Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > WB network

WB network
giantmike
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 8, 2001, 09:17 PM

Last night, I was watching the WB network (sorta, I was alos playing on my G3), and I noticed a ton of iBooks all over the place. Anyone else?

------------------
The Mac Information Depot. Why go anywhere else?
Giantmike's Website - Version 5.0

pml589
Forum Regular
Jan 20, 2001, 11:34 PM

yea i noticed that, and I know they do this because everyone knows that macs look just so much cooler.

------------------
www.geocities.com/stxbomber5/mainlinks.html
-=P-Lo=-

AMDG
http://www.cnnpromos.com/supercrew/feature.htm

KymbaKhan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2001, 06:48 PM

wheee - Cordelia'on Angel uses an iBook. "Willow" on Buffy uses a PowerBook. character appropriate selections...

i've got a rediculous question - the apple logos are consistantly blocked out on both 'Books, on both Shows when there is the possibility of a close-up. {although you see a lot of the white apple logo on the outside of Willow's PBook.} The inside of Cordy's iBook has tape labels over the "iBook" above screen and the apple logo below.

what the hell do they say?

there's also a large postit consistently over the big apple on the outside. it's got writing on it, too.

~Ky <-was supposed to be "sad" when Angel fired his entire staff, but instead was grinning at the iBook in a box of "desk stuff" being carried out...
--
[email protected]
-= Official Pace Car of the Apocalypse=-

KymbaKhan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2001, 12:27 PM

Angel, last night - some deamon who lives in an under-sewer lair had not one but 2 iMacs set up, lit dramatically from behind so they practically glowed from within. Great color shots...

~Ky

------------------
--
[email protected]
--
[email protected]

Richard Pinneau
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 24, 2001, 01:29 PM

They just want the kewl appearance for their set - they don't want to give the Apple logo FREE advertising (they probably asked Apple if they wanted to PAY to have product placement with logo visible).

And, Kymba... give my regards to Berkeley
Pismo 400 192M Sys 9.1

Forum Links
Forum Rules