Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS / FT: 17" MacBook Pro "Loaded"

FS / FT: 17" MacBook Pro "Loaded"
Tenacious Dyl
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2006, 01:49 AM

Up for sale / trade is an almost brand new laptop, it was purchased August 28th, 2006.

Specs:
-17" Glossy Screen
-Dual 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo (2 MB Cache)
-2 GBs Ram (APPLE ram, not the cheap stuff)
-120 GB, 5400 RPM HD
-Airport Extreme
-Bluetooth
-Firewire 400, 800
-USB 2.0
-Optical Audio In / Out
-1/8" Audio In / Out
-Gigabit Ethernet
-Express Card 34 Slot
-Dual Layer DVD Burner (Matshita UJ-846)
-ATI Radeon x1600 (Can support 30" ACD)
-MagSafe Power Adapter

I have the original CDs, Cables, Adapters, Manual, Box, etc. Everything is in great (new) condition, except the box which has just some small wear from transport.

The laptop itself has ZERO dead pixels, and a very even backlight. There is a small skuff (about an 1/8th inch long and very narrow) above the DVD drive on the "hand rest" aluminum. Otherwise, it is in "near mint" condition, with no other cosmetic or other issues.

I also purchased Apple Care for this laptop, which as you can see by the purchase date, has plenty of time remaining. I got it thinking that I would need the portability, and have only taken it out a couple times, and find that it would be better used in other hands.

I am looking for a mac tower of roughly equal value, either with a combination of cash, or not. Ideally I would like to find someone with a MacPro for trade. A well upgraded / newer G5 is a possible trade, but extra money, or other trade items may need to be added.

In the case of no trade for a tower, I am looking for about $2,200. (I spent about $3,600 on this just a few months ago...)

I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Pick-ups, etc are welcome, otherwise we can arrange shipping, and depending on location (within US) I will try to cover the cost myself.
( Last edited by Tenacious Dyl; Nov 11, 2006 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Edited Price)
yep.

Tenacious Dyl  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2006, 07:52 PM

Anyone looking to just buy it outright? I lowered the price to only $2,200. Also still looking for someone with a Mac Pro (Any Rev / System) for a possible trade.

Apple has refurbs for the same price, with 1 GB less ram , and NO applecare.
( Last edited by Tenacious Dyl; Nov 11, 2006 at 08:06 PM. )
yep.

Tenacious Dyl  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 14, 2006, 04:07 PM

Currently in the middle of a trade right now, and therefore no longer available. Thanks for looking!
yep.

Forum Links
Forum Rules