Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What do you do for a living and how did you get your 1st job?

What do you do for a living and how did you get your 1st job?
sworthy
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2005, 06:58 PM

No, John Smith did not take over my account, I'm starting the job search myself right now, and I was wondering what everyone does around here and how they got started.

I'm contemplating law school (I find out in about 4-6 weeks where I get in), otherwise I'm looking into investment banking, and ideally equity research (so I can be the guy on the conference call who sets price targets ). I know there are a few law students/lawyers that hang around here, do you guys have any advice about making that decision? Any finance/accounting types?

Also, how did everyone get their first out of college job? All of my experience is at law firms, and now that I'm looking in the finance world, I don't have any applicable references. Does applying online ever work?

edit: when I say first job, I mean first full time job out of school. Not internships or other jobs.
( Last edited by sworthy; Mar 3, 2005 at 07:04 PM. )

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2005, 07:52 PM

My degree is in Financial Management; however, I decided well before I graduated that I did not want to fall into a finance/accounting/banking career and so I fell back on my "technology hobby" as I like to call it. My 1st job out of college was working for the largest elementary school district in Illinois (Schaumburg District 54) as a "Technology Technician". A former roommate of mine in college, who went on to work for Apple as a Systems Engineer, made me aware of what D54 was needing and knew I was graduating soon so he put in a good word for me. A few interviews later, and a phone call, I was packing my bags and moving to Illinois (July of 2003). D54 was embarking on one of the nations largest 1-to-1 iBook initiatives, and first of it's kind and size at the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade age level. Roughly 6500+ iBooks, 24 replicating Xserves were deployed over a 3-phase process. Pretty exciting to be a part of to say the least, especially for a district that was 100% Windows a month before I showed up. So, it was partially my responsibility to get this project up and running, alongside Apple among a few other billion responsibilities.

It was fun, but I have actually moved on since I knew my career goals and opportunities in a school district were not something I wanted to wait around for; however, the experience is something I'll never forget and learned a ton from.

SamuraiDL
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2005, 07:55 PM

I have no degree, and my first job out of high school was working at a deli. They fired me after six weeks of showing up 15 minutes late every day.

saddino
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2005, 07:59 PM

What I do for a living: run my own (small) company, write Macintosh software, some consulting work. Right now I'm also developing a PC/XBox game with another company.

First job out of school: Macintosh programmer. Back then (1991), I got the job the way most people did: looked in the Sunday paper and sent out resumes. I have no idea if this is how people get jobs these days. Guess I'm old.

On the law: most corporate lawyers I know aren't very happy, even after making partner. YMMV.

sworthy  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2005, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by ManOfSteal:
so I fell back on my "technology hobby" as I like to call it.

That's what I'm trying to do as well, though in a much different way. I figure my background in accounting and economics and my intense technology interests would make me a good fit with equity research firms, especially Jupiter, Gartner and IDC. So far my "anonymous, online resumes" have gone unanswered. I don't want to give up though because I know I'd be perfect for that kind of job.

As for law schools, I'm thinking Santa Clara (as long as I get in -- don't want to count my eggs too early), as it has a top ranked tech-law program.

SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
Mar 3, 2005, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by sworthy:
I'm contemplating law school (I find out in about 4-6 weeks where I get in),
What do you intend to do with the law degree? The nice thing about a JD is you can do a lot of things with it, but it is a pretty big commitment both in time and money. It is a good idea to have at least some idea before making such a big decision. It's not a fun grad school and if you aren't sure about it you might want to consider waiting a while.

The other nice thing is that the legal profession is relatively open to older lawyers with life experience. Don't be scared to work a couple of years and then go to law school later if you aren't sure it is what you want to do now. Lots of law firms tend to like that.

Good luck with the applications, but you should already have a good sense of whether you will be admitted just by LSAT/GPA.

sworthy  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2005, 08:26 PM

Originally posted by SimeyTheLimey:

Good luck with the applications, but you should already have a good sense of whether you will be admitted just by LSAT/GPA.
That's where it gets interesting...

I have a very interesting college career -- two years with mostly B-'s and B's. Then the last two years with all A's and A-'s. I'm not sure how much school take into trends into account. Some have asked specifically for separate upper division grades, so I think I have a better chance there. Should find out soon though.. *crosses fingers*

zizban
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2005, 08:27 PM

Let's my first job was McDonald's. I lasted a year.

My degree is in English/Communication. I am a Teachers Aide.
"In darkness there is strength, therefore strength is darkness."

RiSE
Forum Regular
Mar 3, 2005, 08:28 PM

i'm an asshole sir.

I'm the strongest person in the village where all the leaves are.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 3, 2005, 08:52 PM

My first job was at a local drug store, Drug Mart. I was 15 and lied about my age to get the job in the hopes that I would earn enough money before getting fired to fix a wonky PC I had found (my first chance at a computer). I lasted a week and a half before getting found out, but earned enough to accomplish my goal. The PC ended up being a POS (Packard Bell) and ate my money. Got a job a few months later as a bag boy at a local grocer that hired at 15. Saved for 3 months and bought my first computer, a $599 Compaq with an AMD K6-II.

Ah... Memories.

Flash forward: I now work for Lowe's in their paint department. The money is decent, but I really don't see myself doing the retail dance for much longer, so I think I will be jumping into some community college in the coming months.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2005, 09:03 PM

First job: 13 years old bussing tables and washing dishes at a local truck stop.

Second job: 14 years old and working for the Department of Natural Resources repairing and maintaining campsites on a big lake

Third job: 14 years old and working in the school cafeteria to make money to pay for clothes and be able to afford school lunches

Fourth job: 16 years old and a lifeguard at the beach (which I kept along with my weekend waitressing job at the truck stop)

Fifth job: 18 and went to work for Senator Carl Levin's office while attending college.

Sixth job: Got a job modeling, transferred out of state to another college, and lived between Los Angeles, Hawaii, and Tokyo.

My tenth job, or thereabouts, was working for Microsoft. Degree in English and Journalism, minor in Philosophy with concentration on mathematical logic. Masters degree in English.

After "retiring" from Microsoft, I have since worked for various media companies in various capacities. I work because I enjoy the challenge and fortunately, have been compensated well.

Most important job in life, however? Raising our children.

Paco500
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2005, 09:09 PM

My first real job was as a mortgage loan processor for a national wholesale lender (the loans came from independant brokers.) It was kind of fun, I processed loans for Steven Tyler or Aerosmith and John Oats (the short mustached one from Hall and Oats). I had no contact with either of them, but got to see cool pictures of their houses (Steve Tyler's was obviously a bit nicer). I was in the mortgage industry for a few years, just got the job by chance, knew somebody who knew somebody. Gave it all up for a rewarding career in IT.

paul w
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2005, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by Cody Dawg:
Fifth job: 18 and went to work for Senator Carl Levin's office while attending college.
I love that guy!

Anyway I have done everything from teaching English in Japan, to working in a circus to photgraphy, illustration, graphic design, hotel reception, waiting tables, painting houses, freelance journalism and a couple of unmentionables.

I haven't settled down quite yet, though.

sugar_coated
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2005, 09:27 PM

I am a non-practicing dinosaur sexologist, I used to specialize in the sexual problems of the 1 meter long theropods. Many of these creatures used to wander very unhappily where Ulan Bator is these days. I neutered many many when nothing worked and they became harmful to other more peaceful native flora and fauna who had better and more fulfilling reproductive lifestyles. These days I am a plumber.
( Last edited by sugar_coated; Mar 3, 2005 at 09:43 PM. )
-\
-/

Yose
Senior User

My first job was working in a software store when I was 13. These days I'm a graphic designer, however, I've been working for the past half-year as a Consultant with an Art Inventory project.. basically asset management and a whole lot of learning.

Now I'm planning on finishing my diploma in design.
Yose.
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

TailsToo
Mac Elite

Originally posted by ManOfSteal:
My 1st job out of college was working for the largest elementary school district in Illinois (Schaumburg District 54) as a "Technology Technician".
I thought you played baseball.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2005, 09:39 PM

My first and worst was Ross dept store. Oh god was that a bad experience or what....they basically demand you to work hours after your shift is done and you get a measley 25� raise each year...pfff. I left that to work at the college I was attending as a computer tech for an english tutor department. After a year of that I left with nothing in mind, then I asked my aunt if I could push papers in her company (actually my uncles but he passed away a year before I started working there), she accepted and I found myself really bored for the first week. That is till the art director of the art dept. asked me if I want to learn pre-press. I ofcourse accepted and learned everything there is to know about flexo pre-press in about 7 months and have been working there ever since. It's a great college gig seeing how I could choose my hours, and $11/hour aint much in Los Angeles but I get by, and it also gives me input on how not to approach pre press individuals when I hand over my files later on in life (aspiring graphic designer here). Once I get my BA, 1 more year, I'm going to keep working where I'm working through grad school while I freelance on the side and maybe I might take a bartending gig on the weekends, always have been curious how that would be. Good luck to ya.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2005, 09:42 PM

I was an electrician, then a field service rep for Square D. Now I am a mailman.

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2005, 09:50 PM

My first and worst was working at a Quick lube. I still go to the place I used to work to get my oil changes since I've been going there for years.

I then worked at Campmor in the bike dept. I like to ride so it was a good place. I liked working there but the pay was not too great.

I then moved to Iowa of all places on earth. to Fairfield to be exact. There the friend of my then girlfriend's mom new someone who had an ISP and was looking for people. So I started working there. I was there for 2 years and became "The Mac Guy." I also did some consulting on the side as well.

When I gt tired of that I had put out some resumes and I put one out to my current place of employ and I've been here going on 6 years. Wow how time flies. A few months ago Got an interview from Apple. Obviously didn't get the job but as of today I have another opportunity to possibly work in an AppleStore. I got a call from a Manager of one of the stores so we shall see where this goes. Hopefully all will go well and I can then move onto other things. I currently still do some freelance stuff on the side and make decent money from it. If the Apple gig doesn't happen I'm going to start my own company. I need a change and I'm tired of working for others but an opportunity to work for Apple I can deal with working for others. If it doesn't pan out then I'll work on starting my owe company.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

spiky_dog
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2005, 10:52 PM

i have a degree in CS from an ivy. but i'm in med school, go figure.

in between i had time for 1 and exactly one "real" (not internship, after graduation from college) job, and that was as the IT Director for a small hotel group based out of Portland, OR. i landed that job by sending out a bunch of resumes on monstertrak. took something like 60 resumes to get 4 interviews (phone), and the phone panned out into two physical interview offers, one of which i took and which turned into my job.

villalobos
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2005, 11:34 PM

I make drugs.

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2005, 11:37 PM

Originally posted by TailsToo:
I thought you played baseball.
I did that out of high school!

Albert Pujols
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2005, 11:54 PM

I haven't worked a day of my life, and it feels so good.

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2005, 12:17 AM

I graduated with a degree in Theoretical Mathematics. My first and only job out of college has been working as a Management Consultant.

sugar_coated
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 4, 2005, 12:53 AM

Originally posted by E's Lil Theorem:
I graduated with a degree in Theoretical Mathematics.
That's like me talking about my graduate degree in prehistoric dinosaurs when I say the way you said it, when it comes to what I used to do.
-\
-/

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2005, 01:31 AM

Originally posted by sugar_coated:
That's like me talking about my graduate degree in prehistoric dinosaurs when I say the way you said it, when it comes to what I used to do.
I only said it the way I said because there is a difference between a degree in "regular" math, i.e., theoretical math, and applied math. The school I went to made that difference very clear, which is why to this day I still refer to my degree in math as a degree in theoretical math.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2005, 02:37 AM

well since everyone else is posting job histories from before graduation I will share mine since I am still in school.

1) Fitness Desk Manager at a Jewish Community Center
2) Research assistant, web developer, and more at Northwestern University
3) Dining Services at the university of maryland
4) EMT for a private ambulance company

nothing too special, but each job had/s its perks. Soon to have a BA in English with minors in Jewish studies and environmental science.

edit: too tired for spelling and grammar at this hour
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 4, 2005, 03:15 AM

Originally posted by zizban:
Let's my first job was McDonald's. I lasted a year.

My degree is in English/Communication. I am a Teachers Aide.
Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?

My job history is boring. I did work for Census 2000 at the end of high school so I guess that could be interesting. I have 3 months or so left of school before I have a degree. I'm going for job interviews to teach English in Japan. So if that pans out, that'll be my first "real job." It's not a career though.
( Last edited by Xeo; Mar 4, 2005 at 03:22 AM. )

Albert Pujols
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2005, 03:18 AM

Originally posted by Xeo:
Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?
You're mean.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2005, 08:36 AM

My best ever job during school was working on a hot dog stand. It was brilliant fun, I made commission and as I worked the busy weekends I made excellent money. I was dating the daughter of the guy who owned a whole fleet of these things and he always needed somebody to help out. Apart from the hot dog carts he owned a couple of topless bars which were in reality thinly disguised brothels.
The hot dog carts were parked in a large garage behind one of the bars at night. For some reason he liked me, so I used to sit with him in the evening, counting the day's takings, drinking a beer surrounded by half naked girls. He was always a nice and very courteous guy until I came into the garage one night and found him having a 'discussion' with somebody who I think owed him money. He saw me come in, picked up the guy, dusted him off and send him on his merry way. Five minutes later he explained to me the importance of family and how sometimes you had to do things you didn't want to do in business...

My first real job was a year's internship in a design agency, which I needed for university. After being told that there was a two to three year waiting list for these I got that gig within two weeks by walking from agency to agency and introducing myself in reception, asking for a job.

I then worked for a fair number of years in advertising, working my way up from designer to art director to creative director to president of my own company.
( Last edited by Mastrap; Mar 4, 2005 at 08:44 AM. )

grayware
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 4, 2005, 09:48 AM

My first gig was as journeyman siamese bull elephant mating clinician. Now I'm a freelance art director working out of my magnificent 3M sq ft log home. Real rough.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Mar 4, 2005, 09:53 AM

Originally posted by SamuraiDL:
I have no degree, and my first job out of high school was working at a deli. They fired me after six weeks of showing up 15 minutes late every day.
HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAhahaaaaaaaah!

Musicians.

I *sooo* know where you're coming from. (so does just about everybody who's ever had to deal with me in meatspace...)

Randman
Posting Junkie
Mar 4, 2005, 10:00 AM

After a good run as a manwhore, I decided I wanted my evenings and weekends free ... so I graduated with a journalism degree. Made my way around many part of the US, mostly in page design and graphic layout but I've done some writing as well to stay sharp in that area.

A few years ago, I decided to see the rest of the world so I've been working abroad as a designer, writer and art director for some newspapers and magazines. Currently, I'm planning a change of lifestyle (getting married) and a change of address (new job).

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 4, 2005, 10:14 AM

First job, at 17-Locker room attendant at the city pool, a summer job. The pool had just opened and the city needed a bunch of people. I wasn't a qualified lifeguard, so I applied for this job. Plus I got to hang around the people who were lifeguards-one of them was Cindy... Well worth it!

Second job, at 19-US Air Force. Trained as a radio maintainer/technician.

After four years (in 1982) (and wanting to stay with my wife who was also in the Air Force) I got out and became a "dependent husband" (usually referred to by active Air Force people as a "leach" due to the misconception that I was "living off of" my wife), and we moved to Austin, TX.

I then worked for three different commercial radio shops in Austin, since the oil boom was busting everywhere and nobody had enough business to stay competitive without treating workers like dirt-which is why I left the third shop and reenlisted in the Air Force in 1985.

Through various schools where I was stationed I got Associates degrees in Electronics Technology and Instructional Systems, and a BS in Computer Science.

I retired on the first of January, and am pleasantly unemployed while waiting for the Summer semester to start so I can get into Occupational Therapy.
( Last edited by ghporter; Mar 4, 2005 at 04:46 PM. )

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2005, 10:27 AM

15 - Intern, MIT Media Lab, ThinkCycle Project
16 - Intern, MIT Media Lab, Java programmer
17 - Intern, MIT Media Lab, MitHRIL project, testing, cable building and basic UNIX shell
18 - Intern, MIT Media Lab, Technician, MitHRIL project, SAK2 Board rebuild and testing
19 - UROP-equivalent, Boston University Medical Campus, Dept. of Anatomy and Neurobiology

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Mar 4, 2005, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by DeathToWindows:
UROP-equivalent
What's that?

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2005, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by Randman:
What's that?
UROP : Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (I'm not in it, but I'm doing the same kind of work that I would be doing if I were; anyway, by not being a UROP, the pay is usually better).

Pretty much, I'm a summer tech, running subjects and building testing rigs.

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

waxcrash
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2005, 11:29 AM

16 � Worked at a dog kennel. It was a great �first job� because I was given so much responsibility. I started out doing manual labor (cleaning cages/feeding/playing with the dogs) and worked my way to answering phones and assisting in the obedience classes.

18 � Graduated High School and the summer before I started college I worked fulltime at Ameritech (now SBC) doing data entry. This is where I got my first experience working with Macs.

19 � Worked part time waiting tables while I went to College for graphic design. I saved up $2000 to buy a computer but couldn�t afford a Mac so I bought a 486DX2/66 with Win 3.1 and dreamed of one day owning a Mac. Photoshop on Win 3.1 sucked.

21 � Bartended full time. Best job to have when you are young.

24 to present � Marketing Director for a software company. Money is really good, but I�m a desk jockey.

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Mar 4, 2005, 11:35 AM

Hitman.

:

roberto blanco
Senior User
Mar 4, 2005, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by sworthy:
Also, how did everyone get their first out of college job?
my first "full time" job ever was being a waiter at pizza hut (i was 17 at the time)

about 4 years out of college (after having worked a million differnet "jobby jobs" to keep myself afloat) i scored a job as web designer/dtp person at a hardware manufacturing company's pr department.

pay was good, people and job sucked. that lasted about 2 1/2 years.

right now i'm working freelance in marketing research (boring) and doing some dtp work on the side (very cool, but unfortunately not enough to pay the bills).

ahhhh...the joys of having a liberal arts degree.

life results from the non-random survival of randomly varying replicators - r. dawkins

dav
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2005, 12:28 PM

bfa in graphic design, minor in marketing. spent about four years at small design studio, since then i've been in corporate graphics.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2005, 01:00 PM

I work at the city pound euthanizing unwanted puppies. It's the only job I've ever had.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

voyageur
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2005, 01:12 PM

I'm an itinerant biologist; I work where ever there's interesting stuff to work on and good people to do it with.

Good luck with your career plans, sworthy.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Mar 4, 2005, 01:47 PM

Originally posted by budster101:
Hitman.

:
That's actually a line of work that I considered for a very short period of time. My HS psch profile revealed a certain "moral flexibility" that would make me ideal for that type of work.

Right out of HS I went to a comm college and received an AS in computer science. Within 2 years I changed my mind and went back to school, last year I received my PhD in Theology. Currently I'm an associate professor of Theology and Comp Rel at a private university. Also, I'm a published writer and do translation work on the side.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2005, 02:09 PM

My first job was in high school rebuilding small printing presses for my graphic arts teacher.

I went to college in Valdosta and worked for a check printing plant and left when I graduated.

Worked various printing jobs in Atlanta for 10 years and the last was management.

Left for the Job I have now in charge of the printing department of a large school system.

I have been offered an instructional position with the Technical College here teaching Printing/Graphic Arts and pre-Press.

I start in June at double my salary now.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2005, 02:27 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
Right out of HS I went to a comm college and received an AS in computer science. Within 2 years I changed my mind and went back to school, last year I received my PhD in Theology. Currently I'm an associate professor of Theology and Comp Rel at a private university. Also, I'm a published writer and do translation work on the side.
You got your PhD last year but you're now an associate professor?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Mar 4, 2005, 02:58 PM

Originally posted by BRussell:
You got your PhD last year but you're now an associate professor?
Different school than where I got my degree, there I'd still be in an assistant and would likely not be considered for an associate position for several years. The fact is, they had no full time faculty positions avaliable, so I moved on... also, they were far too rigid and controlling for my taste. Not to mention being abusive and treating me like a slave for 2 years. Ok, maybe it wasn't that bad, but it still soured me towards the school a bit.

I have connections in the administration at the Uni where I currently work, so we negotiated and were able to work out a lucritive deal. The dept is small, but we're working on expanding our course selection and energizing the curriculum. It's pretty neat being on the ground floor of such a thing.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

JustAnOl'Broad
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 4, 2005, 03:42 PM

Originally posted by waxcrash:

21 � Bartended full time. Best job to have when you are young.

2nd that. Drunks are alot more entertaining when you're young!

spiky_dog
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2005, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by DeathToWindows:
15 - Intern, MIT Media Lab, ThinkCycle Project
16 - Intern, MIT Media Lab, Java programmer
17 - Intern, MIT Media Lab, MitHRIL project, testing, cable building and basic UNIX shell
18 - Intern, MIT Media Lab, Technician, MitHRIL project, SAK2 Board rebuild and testing
19 - UROP-equivalent, Boston University Medical Campus, Dept. of Anatomy and Neurobiology
what sort of projects are you working on in the anatomy/neurobio dept? sounds interesting...

DarwinX
Mar 4, 2005, 03:52 PM

I graduated with a degree in Information Technology Management with a minor in Technical Writing. Completing an internship like many colleges was a requirement to complete my studies. During my junior year I began interning at a public school district as a computer technician. I was a Mac person my entire life, but through schooling and the internship, I became very proficient in trouble shooting PC's and the like. The internship was also my first paying job. It was with this experience and my completed studies that I applied for and was hired to be a Library Technology Specialist at a university. I'm not a fan of the name, basically because I'm a computer technician and it is as simple as that. I support 200 PC's and am still the Mac lover that I ever was.

Many props to MoS for also working at a school district (and various others on this forum because I think there is a few more former and current ones around these parts).

Forum Links
Forum Rules