Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Tebow: The Official 'NN Poll

View Poll Results: Tim Tebow: Your Opinions on the Mile High Messiah
Poll Options:
He's the real deal. Great QB in the making. Mile High Messiah! 3 votes (9.09%)
He's an okay QB, but too limited for a long-term solution. 9 votes (27.27%)
He's a terrible QB. This stupid streak can't go on much longer. 7 votes (21.21%)
He's a genuine Christian and great guy. 7 votes (21.21%)
He's another Christian fraud. I don't buy the nice guy act. 1 votes (3.03%)
He's just a naive kid. Give him a few years. 2 votes (6.06%)
I really, really like him. It's a borderline crush. 1 votes (3.03%)
I like him, partially because of the people that hate him. 5 votes (15.15%)
I don't care about him. It's ultimately a non-story. 9 votes (27.27%)
I don't care about him. The conservative Christians pushing his story. 5 votes (15.15%)
I hate him. Loathe him. Despise him. 1 votes (3.03%)
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll
Tebow: The Official 'NN Poll (Page 2)
amazing
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2012, 09:25 PM

Wow, that was an exciting game!

Broncos beat the Steelers--in overtime, on the first play, still can't believe it!

oops! they're playing the Patriots...we all know how that's gonna turn out...
( Last edited by amazing; Jan 8, 2012 at 09:36 PM. )

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2012, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
Wow. Tebow SUCKS. That is all.

Can't believe Denver is in the playoffs. They suck too.
LOL, your opinion SUCKS as well.

-t

Jawbone54  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jan 8, 2012, 11:08 PM

TEBOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Seriously...who saw that coming?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2012, 12:19 AM

Wow. Tebow SUCKS. That is all.

Can't believe Denver is in the playoffs. They suck too.
It seems the Stillers suck more than the Broncs do, apparently.

Great game, really enjoyed that.

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
TEBOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Not me. It was like God said, "let there be touchdown", and it was good.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2012, 12:48 AM

Anyone who was watching the rest of the game?
Virtually all his completed passes today were the same. The problem on the last play was that no one on the Steelers was set to play deep.

In any case, every time I listen to the bibletoter speak it confirms that he suffers from some type of mental retardation and should have been aborted.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2012, 12:57 AM

It's spelled Stealers, just ask any Seahawks fan.
45/47

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2012, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Anyone who was watching the rest of the game?
Virtually all his completed passes today were the same. The problem on the last play was that no one on the Steelers was set to play deep.

In any case, every time I listen to the bibletoter speak it confirms that he suffers from some type of mental retardation and should have been aborted.
Good, I hope they pull an `07 Giants-style post season, just so I can see you enjoy a year of Tebow mania.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2012, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
LOL, your opinion SUCKS as well.

-t
My opinion is supported by stats. He's not a good quarterback and the Broncos are not a good team. How he/they keep winning is beyond me. Somehow, the Broncos are winning despite having Tebow as quarterback.

Denver goes 8-8 and squeaks into the playoffs only because they were the "best" team in the WORST division in the NFL. Two other teams in that division were also 8-8. No other team, in any other division, that went 8-8 made the playoffs. Those are facts.

Tebow's quarterback rating to the end the season was 72.9. That's good enough for 28th out of 34 quarterbacks in the league. That's a fact.

The only games in which he had a quarterback rating above 70 were against SD (8-8) (Ranked 13th in passing defense), Miami (6-10) (ranked 25th in passing defense), Oakland (8-8) (ranked 27th in passing defense), KC (7-9) (ranked 6th in passing defense), MN (3-13) (ranked 26th in passing defense), and NE (13-3) (ranked 31st in Passing Defense, 293.3 yards/game). Those are facts.

So he was somewhat successful against the 6th, 13th, 25th, 26th, 27th, and 31st ranked passing defenses in the league. LOL

Those facts support my opinion that Tebow and the Broncos suck. That the Broncos beat the Steelers does not change that.

The fairy tale will end against NE. That's an opinion (and will be a fact come Saturday).

Rumor
Jan 9, 2012, 09:18 PM

I think he is a genuinely nice person, has an insane work ethic, and a tremendous athlete.

He has the potential to be a great QB now that Elway is going to work with him. He is hard to sack, and can run. We've seen that he can throw it deep and accurate when need be.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2012, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
I think he is a genuinely nice person, has an insane work ethic, and a tremendous athlete.
Agreed.

He has the potential to be a great QB now that Elway is going to work with him. He is hard to sack, and can run. We've seen that he can throw it deep and accurate when need be.
Not so sure about that. I think he'd make a great running back given those attributes you listed (hard to sack, i.e., tackle, and can run).

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2012, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
I am not sure about that either. His deep ball was against busted coverage in the Pittsburg game. Ike Taylor was burnt like 5 week old toast on each play, by the receiver. Those completions were more about poor defense than his accuracy. Consistency with being accurate is the major issue, not just making 2-3 passes a game. Note that he has a completion percentage of 46%, for the season.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2012, 02:47 PM

But... all he does is win.
Thanks to being surrounded by veterans on both offense and defense, a stellar run game, and an even better defense.

amazing
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2012, 02:57 PM

Now that Tebow's new passing abilities have been displayed, it's all on tape--and won't work nearly as well the next playoff game.

The Steelers were daring Tebow to pass, because of his inaccuracy rating. Everybody thought the game plan was to run so they blocked the run.

Passing's gonna become a lot harder...

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2012, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by amazing View Post
Now that Tebow's new passing abilities have been displayed, it's all on tape--and won't work nearly as well the next playoff game.

The Steelers were daring Tebow to pass, because of his inaccuracy rating. Everybody thought the game plan was to run so they blocked the run.

Passing's gonna become a lot harder...
NE was ranked 31st in passing defense in the regular season and Tebow did pretty well against them.

That said, NE still easily beat Denver and will again. Like I said above, Denver is not a good football team and won't fair well against a truly good team like NE no matter how well Tebow plays.

EDIT: Oh, and "Tebow's new passing abilities" is an oxymoron.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 10, 2012, 04:00 PM

It's funny hearing people claim that Tebow can't pass. Being a Univ of TN fan, I can tell you from experience that he's very capable. In 2-3 years we'll revisit this subject and find Tebow is on track to be a successful Steve Young-style QB*. He'll be fine, and he will succeed if the Broncos let him mature and develop.

*Check out Young's stats for the first 3 years in the NFL, they were abysmal. Hell, even in the USFL his performance wasn't much to write home about.
- Thomas Paine

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2012, 05:01 PM

EDIT: Oh, and "Tebow's new passing abilities" is an oxymoron.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2012, 08:33 PM

Jamarcus Russell was a great passer in college, too.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2012, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by exca1ibur View Post
Good point. There are a lot of quarterbacks who were great/successful/whatever in college who didn't pan out/are mediocre in the NFL.

Let's face it for every Payton Manning, Tom Brady, or Aaron Rodgers there are 10 Jamarcus Russells.

Just for fun the Sophomore Year Stats of two Florida quarterbacks. One is Tim Tebow. The other is a current NFL quarterback with a career passer rating of 71.4 in 55 NFL games:

Completions/Attempts/Percentage/Yards/Yards per Attempt/TD/INT/Rating

234/350/66.9/3286/9.4/32/6/172.5

259/395/65.6/3896/9.9/34/12/170.8

Can you guess the NFL quarterback?

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2012, 09:33 PM

Just because you are good in college doesn't mean you get a pass to be great in the NFL.

BTW: I'm going to guess Rex Grossman.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2012, 09:35 PM

Just because you are good in college doesn't mean you get a pass to be great in the NFL.

BTW: I'm going to guess Rex Grossman.
Winner, winner chicken dinner!!!!

amazing
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2012, 02:16 PM

Anyway, here's my prediction for Tebow against the Patriots: a lot more intercepted passes.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2012, 05:00 PM

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 11, 2012, 05:06 PM

Big deal, after he pulled off a crazy victory. Let's see who it is after the SuperBowl.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2012, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Big deal, after he pulled off a crazy victory. Let's see who it is after the SuperBowl.
This was for the month of December (in which Denver went 2-2) so I'm assuming the poll wasn't taken after the Steeler game. Could be wrong though.

I really don't understand the fascination with this guy.

Mediocre NFL quarterback who went on a win streak against below average teams.

OK, I get he's a nice guy and works hard. So are hundreds of other NFL players and pro athletes.

Other than Denver Bronco fans, why are people so enamored with him?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 11, 2012, 05:27 PM

This was for the month of December (in which Denver went 2-2) so I'm assuming the poll wasn't taken after the Steeler game. Could be wrong though.
Heh, that's weird. So Kobe got 2nd place when he didn't play three weeks out of the month? Crazy.

I really don't understand the fascination with this guy.

Mediocre NFL quarterback who went on a win streak against below average teams.
There's two main segments to the population. The Frontrunners and the haters/underdog lovers.

Jawbone54  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jan 11, 2012, 05:27 PM

But he wasn't a winner.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 11, 2012, 05:41 PM

Other than Denver Bronco fans, why are people so enamored with him?
He's very openly Christian and that appeals to a large percentage of Americans? I thought that was obvious?
- Thomas Paine

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 11, 2012, 05:41 PM

Anyway, here's my prediction for Tebow against the Patriots: a lot more intercepted passes.
I don't know why you would think that. New England's defense is terrible, and they didn't have any interceptions when they beat the Broncos in Week 15 (Tebow went 11 for 22).

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jan 12, 2012, 04:31 AM

But he wasn't a winner.
Code:
LSU 2004 - 73/144 50.7% 1053 YDS 9TD 4Int 127.2 Rating 2005 - 187/310 60.3% 2434 YDS 15TD 9Int 136.4 Rating 2006 - 232/342 67.8% 3129 YDS 28TD 8Int 167.0 Rating 21-4 record as a starter with one BCS Bowl win and MVP.
Not elite but looks like a winner to me... in college, at least

JaMarcus Russell (2009) - 48.8% - Completion percentage

For kicks...
Tim Tebow (2011) - 46.5% - Completion percentage

amazing
Professional Poster
Jan 12, 2012, 01:45 PM

43% in this poll believe that God helps Tebow win, so I might indeed be wrong about the interceptions...given that the angels are going to be helping with Tebow's passes.

43%: God helps Tebow win | Poll Position

It's a scientifically-conducted national telephone survey, OK? To be fair, 42% disagreed, but they'd obviously gone over to the dark side.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 12, 2012, 03:33 PM

43% in this poll believe that God helps Tebow win, so I might indeed be wrong about the interceptions...given that the angels are going to be helping with Tebow's passes.

It's a scientifically-conducted national telephone survey, OK? To be fair, 42% disagreed, but they'd obviously gone over to the dark side.
We're getting close to entering PL territory, but this is interesting. My local sports radio station was just having a discussion about whether God helped Tebow and the Broncos win. It was amazing the number of people who called in saying they truly believed that God wanted Tebow and the Broncos to win and helped them to do so. Apparently, God hates Pittsburgh and/or Big Ben.

Question, if God helps teams win sporting events, is there a way to know which teams he likes? I have some bets I want to make....

amazing
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2012, 02:53 PM

It's official: Tebow declares in interview that God doesn't like athletes any more than other folks.

Whew! Glad that's straightened out!

'Course, there was this little nugget:

"Gayle King also asked Brown about Tebow's declaration of chastity and the temptations facing big-time professional athletes: "You got women walking around practically with their panties on their head going 'Hello, hello!' How realistic do you think that is . . . for him to take this position of 'No, I want to be a virgin, I make no apologies for it'?" she asked."

Tim Tebow: God doesn't love athletes more - CBS News

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 13, 2012, 02:57 PM

Tebow is just covering for God.

Jawbone54  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jan 13, 2012, 03:59 PM

One thing is clear: God is punishing my Cowboys for something.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2012, 03:59 PM

To take a break from the "Tebow is not a good quarterback"/"God has favorite sports teams" discussion, read this column. We need more people like him in professional sports. As noted above, he really is a nice, genuine person. He's just not a good NFL quarterback.
Believing in Tim Tebow - ESPN

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 13, 2012, 04:01 PM

One thing is clear: God is punishing my Cowboys for something.
Pretty sure being a romo is a sin.

amazing
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2012, 04:53 PM

To take a break from the "Tebow is not a good quarterback"/"God has favorite sports teams" discussion, read this column. We need more people like him in professional sports. As noted above, he really is a nice, genuine person. He's just not a good NFL quarterback.
Believing in Tim Tebow - ESPN
Great article! Puts things in perspective...

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 13, 2012, 06:01 PM

I was talking with someone who said they read an article yesterday asking "What if Tim Tebow were Muslim?"

Interesting question. And I think we all know the answer.

I can think of another elite pro athlete who is an incredibly nice and humble guy, who works extremely hard, but doesn't get nearly the attention that Tebow is getting. Its Derrick Rose, point guard for the Chicago Bulls. He got Rookie of the Year for 2008-2009, MVP of the league last year, and led his team to the Eastern Conference Finals last year. I'm sure he gets a lot of attention in Chicago, but nationally you rarely hear about him (unless you're a basketball fan). The difference, the religion angle. I have no idea what religion Rose practices, if any at all. He doesn't make it an issue.

And there are plenty of other examples like this. I don't care what anyone else says, nobody outside of Denver would be talking this much about Tim Tebow if it weren't for his religion. Period. And you can bet no one would be talking about him if he were Muslim.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jan 13, 2012, 07:55 PM

This poll needs a "Who the f**k is this Tebow guy anyway?" option. For those of us who don't watch dull sports.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2012, 08:23 PM

I don't know who he is but I hate him.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 13, 2012, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
I was talking with someone who said they read an article yesterday asking "What if Tim Tebow were Muslim?"

Interesting question. And I think we all know the answer.
So ? What's the answer ?

-t

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 13, 2012, 11:10 PM

Why can't we just say he's a really nice guy, and it's good that the media is focusing on this type of person for a change?

I know how he feels, I love doing charity work and donating to good causes. My personal favorite is the local children's home we've adopted. It always reminds me of how lucky I was growing up, having parents who loved and encouraged me. I pass that on to those kids and will do the same with my own. Pick a project, or three, and make a corner of the globe better. After all, it's part of the job of being human, right?
- Thomas Paine

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jan 13, 2012, 11:35 PM

Being human is a job? And a job that entails doing good? I must've missed the memo.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2012, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
So ? What's the answer ?

-t
I dunno. I was hoping no one would ask.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 14, 2012, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by boy8cookie View Post
Being human is a job? And a job that entails doing good? I must've missed the memo.
Yes, being human is a job, being a talking primate isn't. It's all part of developing your conscience and being more than just an animal.
- Thomas Paine

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 14, 2012, 11:35 PM

I guess God likes the Patriots and Tom Brady more than Denver and Tebow.

Now you're seeing what a team with a bad quarterback that didn't even deserve to be in the playoffs looks like against a true playoff team and HOF quarterback.

Midway through 3rd Quarter: 3/13, 28 Yards, 39.6 passer rating. Good show Tebow, good show.

#fairytaleover #tebowsucks

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 14, 2012, 11:54 PM

No one here was saying the Broncos would win. Maybe you posted in the wrong forums?

It's true, Brady is the better QB, but Tebow is the better person. We'll revisit this subject after he's had a couple more years in the NFL under his belt.
- Thomas Paine

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 14, 2012, 11:56 PM

Obviously, the Denver defense must be ranked 42nd in the NFL.

-t

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 15, 2012, 12:02 AM

True that. It wouldn't have mattered who played QB for them tonight, Denver's defense was awful.
- Thomas Paine

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 15, 2012, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
No one here was saying the Broncos would win. Maybe you posted in the wrong forums?

It's true, Brady is the better QB, but Tebow is the better person. We'll revisit this subject after he's had a couple more years in the NFL under his belt.
I was being sarcastic. There are people who really believe that God helps Tebow to win. I guess God took the night off tonight or likes New England better.

And how do you know Tebow is the better person? Do you know them both?

Forum Links
Forum Rules