Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Apple case settlement & my free OS 9.2.1

Apple case settlement & my free OS 9.2.1
Miniryu
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2002, 01:30 AM

Well, I finally got the OS 9.2.1 CD that Apple promised if we replied to the case settlment concerning our DVD players.

Now my big question is: do I even want to install this thing? OS 9.1 works great for me; I heard that it is actually supposed to be better than anything to come later. So what the story?

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2002, 10:19 AM

No problems on any of my machines running 9.2.2 (We received our 9.2.1 cd, as well, but already had the machine running 9.2.2) Very stable in the school district I installed it in, as well (1500+ iMac DV's)
good luck, and you'll be okay either way
dave

<small>[ 06-14-2002, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: ddiokno ]</small>

Cipher13
Jun 14, 2002, 12:15 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by Miniryu:
<strong>Well, I finally got the OS 9.2.1 CD that Apple promised if we replied to the case settlment concerning our DVD players.

Now my big question is: do I even want to install this thing? OS 9.1 works great for me; I heard that it is actually supposed to be better than anything to come later. So what the story?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">I wouldn't advise it.

If it aint broke, don't fix it... especially with 9.2.

9.1 full is the best.

Miniryu  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 15, 2002, 03:52 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by Cipher13:
<strong>[QUOTE]Originally posted by Miniryu:
[qb]

If it aint broke, don't fix it... especially with 9.2.

9.1 full is the best.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">What if my 9.1 is the download and not the CD version?

My website

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Jun 15, 2002, 03:42 PM

Hmm, I still haven't received anything from Apple regarding that settlement. The settlement also included something about getting free RAM or a coupon for the pro mouse....something like that. I've been wanting to get the new mouse...just hafta wait.

Miniryu  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2002, 02:54 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by bradoesch:
<strong>Hmm, I still haven't received anything from Apple regarding that settlement. The settlement also included something about getting free RAM or a coupon for the pro mouse....something like that. I've been wanting to get the new mouse...just hafta wait.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">It was a discount on that stuff at the Apple store: I just got mine in the mail the other day as well (separately), as did my best friend. If you haven't recieved your yet you might have been left out of the settlement or (they didn't recieve your card in time) .

My website

Forum Links
Forum Rules