Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > MS Office 2001-Word

MS Office 2001-Word
Tucker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 7, 2002, 10:18 AM

Menues for MS Word under MS Office 2001 no longer open. I am using OS 9.2. How can I reactivate them?
Tucker

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Jun 9, 2002, 04:49 PM

Hi Tucker,
Under what circumstances did this occur? Did it just happen one day after you started up Word, did your machine crash, did you install any other applications or update word? A little more background will help...
thanks
dave

Crombie914
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 9, 2002, 08:31 PM

I had this same problem happen to me, there was one extension that was not in the extension folder that needed to be. I have no idea how it got there, but i think what i had to do, was open up the Office 2001 folder and go into a subfolder that had something to do with office or word, and than there was another one, i will check tomorrow where it was, because it didn't happen on the comptuer that i am on now, but if you need this fix like asap, i would recomend going into ur office forlder and make sure that all the extensions that are in the folder are either in the extension folder as a copy, or are moved into the extention folder. Good Luck John

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2002, 01:18 PM

Hi tucker,
Another quick thing that you can try is to run the Microsoft Office First Run Application (this is basically the self repairing program of MS Office). It is in the the following folder Microsoft Office 2001>Office>Microsoft Office First Run
Good luck and if you have further info to help us help you, let us know
dave

Tom_O
Jun 10, 2002, 09:28 PM

Tucker - Try Trashing your Word Settings file (you may have more then one). The path is: System Folder->Preferences folder->Microsoft folder.
While you are in your Preferences folder, Trash the Embedding Preferences file and PPC Registration Database file (they are known bad-boys too).   Good luck!

Tom

<small>[ 06-10-2002, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Tom_O ]</small>

Forum Links
Forum Rules