Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > WTF Iowa???

WTF Iowa??? (Page 4)
Ω
Mac Elite
Jan 9, 2012, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
There's one easy way to sum up Election 2012: Is this country dumb enough to reelect this man, Barack Obama?
Never underestimate the power of stupidity. "You" re-elected Bush.

Seems sad when it comes to the "greatest nation on earth" the decision is between the lesser of two evils.
"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"

OreoCookie
Jan 9, 2012, 08:32 AM

There's one easy way to sum up Election 2012: Is this country dumb enough to reelect this man, Barack Obama?
Given that the Republicans decided to bring out their best idiots to run against Obama,* I think the US is headed straight for a two-term president.

* Those who aren't idiots don't stand a chance of winning the primary.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 9, 2012, 10:13 AM

And if the outcome is negative, I'll be putting up for sale the remaining family real estate, packing up our things to move to greener pastures.
Oh c'mon, do you really wanna be stealing Alec Baldwin's schtick?

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
Given that the Republicans decided to bring out their best idiots to run against Obama,* I think the US is headed straight for a two-term president.
It's crazy how reminiscent it is of 2004. While I don't remember Democrats running away from Kerry the way Republicans are/were from Romney, by the same token I consider Romney far more electable (And Obama vulnerable).

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2012, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Oh c'mon, do you really wanna be stealing Alec Baldwin's schtick?
GWB was no prize prez, but this isn't the same thing. If Barack is reelected, I don't want to be sitting around twiddling my thumbs with the band playing to the end as the Titanic sinks. I don't think you see all the ominous things I see in store for this country and our allies if Obama wins this year.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 9, 2012, 10:28 AM

GWB was no prize prez, but this isn't the same thing. If Barack is reelected, I don't want to be sitting around twiddling my thumbs with the band playing to the end as the Titanic sinks. I don't think you see all the ominous things I see in store for this country and our allies if Obama wins this year.
I won't pretend I did a very hard reading of the past, but this sounds similar to warnings from back in 2008. And the Democrats lost control of the House since then.

OreoCookie
Jan 9, 2012, 10:45 AM

by the same token I consider Romney far more electable (And Obama vulnerable).
You could color Romney's malleability as an asset, yes. And that underneath his current facade, there is a sensible moderate candidate. Perhaps. But he has abandoned his previous positions and panders to (perceived) party lines.

What remains is a line-up of Republican candidates where none of them is really convincing and liked. (To me, Huntsman is still one of the most sensible, but he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell to get the nomination.) It's a line-up of B and C players while the A players are hiding (perhaps for the 2016 elections?).

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 9, 2012, 10:50 AM

You could color Romney's malleability as an asset, yes. And that underneath his current facade, there is a sensible moderate candidate. Perhaps. But he has abandoned his previous positions and panders to (perceived) party lines.
I'm thinking more on match-ups, but yes, the coincidences never cease, as both Kerry and Romney are celebrated "flip-floppers" from Mass. Must be something in the water.

What remains is a line-up of Republican candidates where none of them is really convincing and liked. (To me, Huntsman is still one of the most sensible, but he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell to get the nomination.) It's a line-up of B and C players while the A players are hiding (perhaps for the 2016 elections?).
I think that's the way it goes when you have to run against an incumbent. The pragmatics hold back leaving the desperate and/or crazy. And boy does that fit most of the people this year.

OreoCookie
Jan 9, 2012, 11:20 AM

[...] as both Kerry and Romney are celebrated "flip-floppers" from Mass. Must be something in the water.
Hehe
I think that's the way it goes when you have to run against an incumbent. The pragmatics hold back leaving the desperate and/or crazy. And boy does that fit most of the people this year.
True enough. But still, kind of a poor showing from the Republicans. I don't think the US needs an also-ran candidate in its current situation.

andi*pandi
Jan 9, 2012, 12:10 PM

both Kerry and Romney are celebrated "flip-floppers" from Mass. Must be something in the water.
I say again, Romney is not from Massachusetts. We didn't want him. I'm not sure how he got elected...

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2012, 12:30 PM

* Those who aren't idiots don't stand a chance of winning the primary.

-t

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2012, 02:27 PM

Barry's going to secure a second term with no problem. I don't know why you guys are wasting your energy debating it when what you should be doing is battening down the hatches. There's a storm coming.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

andi*pandi
Jan 9, 2012, 02:56 PM

No, no, the proper dire and ominous phrase is: "Winter is coming."

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2012, 06:59 PM

Wait, I got some catchy word play here for you guys...

There's a stormbama coming...

Like it?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2012, 07:16 PM

Like it like poop on my toast.

-t

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2012, 07:46 PM

I think you enjoy gloating that you can say bribe here.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 17, 2012, 08:35 PM

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2012, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Wait, I got some catchy word play here for you guys...

There's a stormbama coming...

Like it?
Applause

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2012, 01:17 PM

It doesn't matter if Obama gets reelected, or if Alfred E. Neuman wins, the U. S. ship is sinking either way, and has been for some time. It's just a question of how much water it's taken on at this point.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Forum Links
Forum Rules