Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > LOL read Dell forums for fun

LOL read Dell forums for fun
Robertk2012
Forum Regular
Oct 18, 2003, 11:25 PM

Besides the problems, look how they talk about apples.

hockeysponge
Forum Member
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportfor...cending&page=3
Viewed 228 times

"Let me add, that the 17in laptop should be thin and light like Apples. Its kind of embarasing that apples 17in laptop is thinner and lighter than some of Dell's 14in laptops. "

I could not agree more, why do PC laptops have to be big and bulky while Apple is making_laptops thinner than a piece of TOAST...love the back-lit keyboard for night typing as well, PLEASE DELL, give Apple a run for it's money!!

t is unlikely that dell would worry about trying to come up with notebooks like apple's to compete with them when dell already out sells apple by far. Apple is also like a BMW of computers, their prices are much higher for everything because they spend so much time to get their product to be the sleekest out there. Dell is like the honda of computers, still fairly pretty but cheap and good. Dell is looking to sell to the average consumor while apple is looking to the more upscale market due to its high prices and high style.

I just get a warm fuzzy feeling from reading this. I guess they never knew someone who uses an apple would be reading them

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Oct 18, 2003, 11:50 PM

Haha, that's awesome...there *is* a market out there that wants beautiful PC laptops...then, they find Apple
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

elvis2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 19, 2003, 11:55 AM

Originally posted by Robertk2012:
Besides the problems, look how they talk about apples.

hockeysponge
Forum Member
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportfor...cending&page=3
Viewed 228 times

"Let me add, that the 17in laptop should be thin and light like Apples. Its kind of embarasing that apples 17in laptop is thinner and lighter than some of Dell's 14in laptops. "

I could not agree more, why do PC laptops have to be big and bulky while Apple is making_laptops thinner than a piece of TOAST...love the back-lit keyboard for night typing as well, PLEASE DELL, give Apple a run for it's money!!

t is unlikely that dell would worry about trying to come up with notebooks like apple's to compete with them when dell already out sells apple by far. Apple is also like a BMW of computers, their prices are much higher for everything because they spend so much time to get their product to be the sleekest out there. Dell is like the honda of computers, still fairly pretty but cheap and good. Dell is looking to sell to the average consumor while apple is looking to the more upscale market due to its high prices and high style.

I just get a warm fuzzy feeling from reading this. I guess they never knew someone who uses an apple would be reading them

So what were you doing in the Dell forum?

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2003, 12:00 PM

Just checking on the peasants, perhaps?
I, ASIMO.

Robertk2012  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 19, 2003, 01:34 PM

I wanted to see the animals in their natural habitat

Robertk2012  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 19, 2003, 01:36 PM

Forgot to add its almost like going to a zoo. Only better.

Forum Regular
Oct 19, 2003, 02:55 PM

Originally posted by elvis2000:
So what were you doing in the Dell forum?
Going on the answers in this thread, my guess is that it was to meet a better class of person.

It's pity Apple don't sell personalities along with their laptops because some of you sad people could do with one.

CrackedButter
Forum Regular
Oct 19, 2003, 04:27 PM

If they want an apple why not go for ... an Apple? Why except a pale imitation?

They are not happy with the current laptop but would happily buy another from them? Not logical.
"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not and add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2003, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by 365:
Going on the answers in this thread, my guess is that it was to meet a better class of person.

It's pity Apple don't sell personalities along with their laptops because some of you sad people could do with one.

Yeah. They should package a sense of humor with every powerbook, too.
I, ASIMO.

Robertk2012  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 19, 2003, 05:00 PM

lol come on were is your sense of humor.

fuddman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 19, 2003, 06:02 PM

if pc laptop producers could have the balls and let go of all the legacy perifs. then they could prollay make a nice sleek product.. come on, who still uses floppy discs?! and paralle ports?

next step for apple is to get rid of usb... maybe in 3 or 4 years we'll get bluetooth printers and scanners who knows.

ryaxnb
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 19, 2003, 06:20 PM

Originally posted by 365:

Are you a troll?
Trainiable is to cat as ability to live without food is to human.
Steveis... said: "What would scammers do with this info..." talking about a debit card number!

nagromme
Senior User
Oct 19, 2003, 09:08 PM

That's Texas toast, BTW.
nagromme

jade408
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 20, 2003, 03:07 AM

i am waiting for wireless firewire. But most pc makers have no need to make "cool laptops" because the average shopper doesn't care how the computer looks. Maybe there will be an alienware type make doing cool laptops.

For a nifty pc laptop check this out.....

ferrari

I Me Mine
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2003, 05:29 AM

Originally posted by jade408:
i am waiting for wireless firewire.
"Fire" ?

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2003, 05:58 AM

Originally posted by CrackedButter:
If they want an apple why not go for ... an Apple? Why except a pale imitation?

They are not happy with the current laptop but would happily buy another from them? Not logical.
Think of a hypothetical situation in which you're unhappy with Apple's lack of an expandable, low cost desktop. Would you decide to build your own Windows box instead of just picking up a used PowerMac? Probably not, if you really liked Apple, because you have a loyalty to Apple and the Mac OS. Similarly, the people who are into Dells enough to visit a Dell-related message board are really into Dells and asking them to buy a Mac wouldn't make much sense to them. They might consider it once in a while when they're particularly frustrated with their Dell, but like Mac users, they'll always come back to their favorite company.

Now, why someone would pick Dell as their favorite computer company is beyond me. They seem so bland and boring compared to Apple, or other PC companies like Alienware and Sony.

Just remember that Dell-fans are basically the same as Apple-fans, but with loyalties to a different company.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

ligux
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2003, 08:19 AM

No need to go to DELL�s forums, get you PB and show it to any PC laptop user, and have fun while his face expression changes, that is more fun.
-Mac G4 867, 240Gb HD, +1gb Ram . OS9.2.2 and OS X 10,2,8
-iPod 10 Gb
-PB 12'' 1Ghz 768 RAM + AirPort Extreme OS X 10.2.8

jbartone
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 20, 2003, 08:52 AM

Pfft, look at these losers.

"I've tried the Apple (bad word)"

Robertk2012  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2003, 07:17 PM

Look its one of the animals. Did they let you out of your cage. Doesnt he look so cute with that toy they call a Dell. Oh wait its an HP poor guy cant even get the top of the line POS.

MrForgetable
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2003, 08:49 PM

I would like to refer Mac's to GT Sports Cars. Easy to use, good-looking, and when you need it, it goes fast. Sometimes not very practical, but you live with it because the enjoyment you get from using it surpasses the bad stuff.

PC's would be the regular car. Relatively comfortable, gets you from point A to Point B.

It depends how you want to go from point A to point B
iamwhor3hay

jbartone
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 21, 2003, 01:48 AM

Originally posted by Robertk2012:
Look its one of the animals. Did they let you out of your cage. Doesnt he look so cute with that toy they call a Dell. Oh wait its an HP poor guy cant even get the top of the line POS.
lol hey if you're replying to me, I was just quoting what one of them said. They are the losers.

Apple being a "bad word"

Probably just jealous

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2003, 01:58 AM

Dell sucks, I hate Dell, they are the cheapest things ever made that falls apart like mud pie. My old University is a laptop University, which means, they give every student a laptop to use. That sounds great, but the sad part is, they choose to go with Dell laptops. Damn, in a single year, I went through 4 of them, because they break so damn easy. I would carry them around between classes, and their disc drive would just slide out of the bay and fall to the ground. A lot of students has this problem. Dell is the worst cheapest things out there, PERIOD! Thank God I don't go to that University anymore.

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

Forum Regular
Oct 21, 2003, 08:06 AM

Originally posted by ryaxnb:
Are you a troll?
Not at all but some parts of this thread makes Mac users sound like eliteist twats. If I was a PC user reading this thread, thinking of switching, I'd think what a shower of wankers.

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2003, 09:14 AM

Ah, the little people...

It's nice to see that they can still appreciate us "upscale" types...

Daniel Bayer
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 21, 2003, 10:55 AM

Mmmm....AHHH...Yessssis!

Nothing is better than bieng in snob filled Aspen and getting all my work done on a super sleek and stable machine.

They wear their furs, I wear my aluminum.

"Posh-ity-posh-posh, Posh-ity-posh-posh, look at Apple go!"

Seriously though, if I have to look at a computer for 2-10 hours a day, then I might as well enjoy what I am looking at and see my self promotion effort come a bit easier....clients love my beeeg 17 incher!

I'm a sticker for attention to details, rather anal about it actually.
"I'll take a extra layer of ram on that
gigaflop sandwich mister"

Sosa
Senior User
Oct 21, 2003, 11:09 AM

While I also dislike all of Dell's cheap products, they do make some expensive computers that of higher quality. In terms of style, I've recently seen a few students at my Univ. using a small 12" Dell laptop that is thin and attractivly designed. It has a bright metallic blue color and is also light. It seems to compare favorably with the 12" PB.

I think it may be the Inspiron 300m .

Now, I wonder what the hell is "Intel Extreme Graphics?" Sounds like an integrated graphics card to me. Apparently this laptop can use up to 64MB of shared memory for graphics. Ahh... I believe this would suck for games right?
( Last edited by Sosa; Oct 21, 2003 at 11:15 AM. )
2011 iMac 2.7 i5, 16gb RAM, 1TB HD
Previous Macs: Apple IIc+, iMac 350 G3, iBook 700 G3, G4 Powerbooks 12" 1ghz & 15" 1.67ghz
Join Team MacNN.

Forum Links
Forum Rules