Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > What to look for on new PB?

What to look for on new PB?
ligux
Forum Regular
Oct 31, 2003, 07:25 AM

The day before yesterday got my 12" PBand now the point is .What would be the main failures to look for when you get your new PB? , I just want to be sure that stgh. is normal or not before keeping it and not taking it back to the store.
I mean, failure on screen (where is it), PB battery (expected charge time), noises (HD,fan, dvd drive...)... anything that gives a clue stgh. is wrong.
Thanks.
-Mac G4 867, 240Gb HD, +1gb Ram . OS9.2.2 and OS X 10,2,8
-iPod 10 Gb
-PB 12'' 1Ghz 768 RAM + AirPort Extreme OS X 10.2.8

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 2003, 08:35 AM

Originally posted by ligux:
The day before yesterday got my 12" PBand now the point is .What would be the main failures to look for when you get your new PB? , I just want to be sure that stgh. is normal or not before keeping it and not taking it back to the store.
I mean, failure on screen (where is it), PB battery (expected charge time), noises (HD,fan, dvd drive...)... anything that gives a clue stgh. is wrong.
Thanks.
My first question is what's stgh?

I think the 12pb doesn't have the whitespot issue that some 15" do, and the heat issue in the rev-a's have been solved, so from a mechanical viewpoint the 12" is a pretty solid computer. of course that doesn't rule out defective equipment but all in all, its a great powerbook.

Good Luck
Mike

ligux  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 31, 2003, 03:48 PM

Originally posted by Maflynn:
My first question is what's stgh?

Mike

Stgh. is equal to something.

And the rest of my question has to do with what would be the summary of the points to know that our PB is OK and not need to be returned.

For example .White spot-where to look it for and recognise
-Mac G4 867, 240Gb HD, +1gb Ram . OS9.2.2 and OS X 10,2,8
-iPod 10 Gb
-PB 12'' 1Ghz 768 RAM + AirPort Extreme OS X 10.2.8

Forum Links
Forum Rules