Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > Bad Religion

Bad Religion
Misha
Professional Poster
Jun 19, 2000, 11:53 AM

I Love My Computer (track 9 on their new CD) uses the default "Alert" sound from the Speech control panel... I take it these use Macs...

Anthony the PC lover
Senior User
Jun 19, 2000, 07:13 PM

I saw Bad Religion in concert with Blink 182. Bad Religion totally stinks, and I'd be ashamed as a mac owner if they played the sound.

Misha  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 20, 2000, 06:38 PM

Where did you see Blink? I saw them in MD and NJ. Pity they've totally sold out now, both concerts had 10,000+ attendees. Ah well, I got a good number of years of enjoyment out of them when no one knew them. Bad Religion plays a very unique kind of punk music... most either love it or hate it. I happen to be one of the few that falls in between. They've got some songs that I like, like 21st Century Dig and New America (their new song) but a lot that just sound like muffled screaming. Really, with all this kind of music, though, you have to listen to it lots of times to like it.

slboett
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 20, 2000, 08:45 PM

Blink 182 played a nice little gig here in the office a few weeks back...thank goodness, no Bad Religion!

Scott

Anthony the PC lover
Senior User
Jun 22, 2000, 03:04 PM

Blink played in Worchester, Massachusetts. They were pretty good. I guess Bad Religion needs some getting used to before you like it

bood69
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 23, 2000, 06:45 PM

I listened to Blink back when the only song they had was "M&M's" and tired of them long before they started popping up on TRL every week.

oh, and Bad Religion, IMHO, has always been a great band...but I have seen them twice in Houston and they just don't sound very good live to me.

[This message has been edited by bood69 (edited 06-23-2000).]

Misha  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 23, 2000, 10:48 PM

M&Ms is pretty cool... definately one of the best off of Cheshire Cat. Have you seen the video for it? There's actually two versions, one where they're just sort of playing the song live, and another where they're on the street shooting each other. It's pretty amusing... especially considering the lyrics.

I just hope their next album isn't even poppier than Enema is... return to some of their punk roots. Songs like Josie and Carousel are great.

Kozmik
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 26, 2000, 12:44 PM

Bad Religion is a damn good band.
<A HREF="http://www.macnet2.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi" TARGET=_blank>
MacNet v2 Forums</A>

oscar
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 26, 2000, 08:14 PM

I echo Kozmik comments

------------------
-See Yea!